Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone using the new posts by specific section?

Re: Anyone using the new posts by specific section?

Quote Originally Posted by DHC6twinotter
    I never noticed that existed. Cool feature. I use the "Recent Forum Topics" list on the homepage almost exclusively though. With the current traffic level on this site, this works fine for me; but as the site continues to grow, I can definitely see the usefulness of the "New Posts" feature in the future.
    The 'Recent Posts' button, at the top of every page (next to the UltimateYota logo) is the most similar feature I can find, but yet it seems to go back all the way to when the forum started (219 pages), it works for what I'm after as long as I watch the dates/times. I checked out the 'Recent Forum Topics' too, that might work out pretty well, thanks for the heads up.

I bring this up because I'm a moderator on another small board and I like to read everything posted. Especially due to time, or lack thereof, the 'New Posts' button brings all the threads with new posts up in one convenient place.
    &#039;94 &#039;YotaRu&#039; 4Runner 3.Slo 5mt<br />&#039;03 &#039;Blubaru&#039; Forester X 4eat<br />&quot;Terrapondus&quot;-The natural tendency to gravitate toward the dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by carljwnc
    Quote Originally Posted by DHC6twinotter
    I never noticed that existed. Cool feature. I use the "Recent Forum Topics" list on the homepage almost exclusively though. With the current traffic level on this site, this works fine for me; but as the site continues to grow, I can definitely see the usefulness of the "New Posts" feature in the future.

The 'Recent Posts' button, at the top of every page (next to the UltimateYota logo) is the most similar feature I can find, but yet it seems to go back all the way to when the forum started (219 pages), it works for what I'm after as long as I watch the dates/times. I checked out the 'Recent Forum Topics' too, that might work out pretty well, thanks for the heads up.

I bring this up because I'm a moderator on another small board and I like to read everything posted. Especially due to time, or lack thereof, the 'New Posts' button brings all the threads with new posts up in one convenient place.
    on that page you can mark all posts read, so you wont have 200 plus pages.

edit: DOH, my post somehow made it in the quote. fixed. lol
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Navigator

@ carl: the "new posts" link brings up all unread posts since you joined the forum. honestly i would click them all once, then they will go away and will only show the ones you havent read... i actually like the way this board is setup better than the other boards...
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Crinale
    @ carl: the "new posts" link brings up all unread posts since you joined the forum. honestly i would click them all once, then they will go away and will only show the ones you havent read... i actually like the way this board is setup better than the other boards...
    Might have to give that a try, just 218 pages worth will take a bit of time. I sure am enjoying UltimateYota, thank you for pointing my way back here. The different layout from the other v-bulletin boards I'm on is just taking some getting used to, I'm an old fart and resistant to change.
    &#039;94 &#039;YotaRu&#039; 4Runner 3.Slo 5mt<br />&#039;03 &#039;Blubaru&#039; Forester X 4eat<br />&quot;Terrapondus&quot;-The natural tendency to gravitate toward the dirt.

Carl, on the new posts page there is a button that says mark all read, it will mark all 218 pages, and then youwont have to click them all. From that point on it will only show youones room your last visit.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Quote Originally Posted by 04 Rocko Taco
    Carl, on the new posts page there is a button that says mark all read, it will mark all 218 pages, and then youwont have to click them all. From that point on it will only show youones room your last visit.
    Gave this a try, looks like it's going to work Great!!! Thanks Rocko Taco!!!

Great! No problem!
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Navigator

haha, i didnt even see this button, so i went through and clicked on all of them on mine... but i only had a page and a half :-P
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12