Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New project

New project

Picked up this bad boy for $50. Its gonna be stripped down to the frame and maybe I can decide whether or not to chop it or keep it the same bike it is now...it will have powder coat from front to back! Going sometime today to pick it up. It is a 1977 Kawasaki KZ400

Quote Originally Posted by fustercluck View Post
    I like sporking from behind.   

Re: New project

I cant wait to get this thing home and start tearing it apart!!!!!

I say keep it retro with maybe some minor adjustments and of course, PC the heck out of it!
    My signature

&#039;83 Truck 4x4 - 4&quot; lift, downey header,, lots of stickers.<br />&#039;90 Runner $600 project ,32&#039;s on black Steelies,Optima Red Top, 1.5&quot; Balljoint Spacers, 80 series Coils, Sleeping/Storage Platform extravaganza<br /><br />You know enough to be dangerous, get out the way before you break something i can&#039;t fix- Pops

I looked at the cafe's...I really think the gas tank looks too bulky. Well I just got her home...much worse shape than I thought but I can resurrect her. I will get some pics here in a bit..
    I like sporking from behind.&nbsp; &nbsp;

What kind of shape is the engine in? $50 seems like a steal at any rate.
    1990 4Runner (For Sale)<br />1997 4Runner LTD, e-locker,ISR MOD, Deckplate<br />2002 Tundra Access Cab

We are going to have to get a used engine and rebuild it....this one just isnt worth saving...Its siezed up

We got it pretty torn apart this evening...now to hunt for parts

Quote Originally Posted by Euphorickaty80
    We are going to have to get a used engine and rebuild it....this one just isnt worth saving...Its siezed up

We got it pretty torn apart this evening...now to hunt for parts
    Naa spry it down and get a bar and break it loose.
    My brother got a old Honda and it was seized, sprayed break free in the cylinders and took a breaker bar and popped it loose, thing even ran after ward too.
    &#039;83 Truck 4x4 - 4&quot; lift, downey header,, lots of stickers.<br />&#039;90 Runner $600 project ,32&#039;s on black Steelies,Optima Red Top, 1.5&quot; Balljoint Spacers, 80 series Coils, Sleeping/Storage Platform extravaganza<br /><br />You know enough to be dangerous, get out the way before you break something i can&#039;t fix- Pops

I may try that...in the meantime...I am keeping my eye out for a nice rebuildable HD engine and see if I can find an interchange chart or something...just tinkering with ideas now. I will have the frame and other things completed before I consider the motor.
    I like sporking from behind.&nbsp; &nbsp;

Here is a link for Pics... http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=2091246055 These will be updated periodically with progress so keep checking back if you want to follow the bike. We will also bump the thread when updating pics if there is interest shown in the project.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast