Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bob_98SR5 is going green! Look at my 87 Mercedes 300D Turbo!

Bob_98SR5 is going green! Look at my 87 Mercedes 300D Turbo!

Hey guys,

Boy, i have never been on pins and needles about an ebay auction as I was just about 30 minutes ago! I knew this 1987 Mercedes 300TD would go for a tidy sum, but I think b/c the auction ended on a Sunday, alot of people were probably not watching it. Anyways, I just won this (hopefully) little gem for $4,250. Now I know some of you are about to faint, but something like this with 216k miles in California would fetch about $8k to 9K, no joke! And not to mention, this is a turbo diesel which is even harder to find out here. Anyways, I'm estatic that I found something good for under my $5k goal.

Oh yeah, enough babbling. Here are some images:

EDITED: CHECK OUT MY BLOG AT biodieselbob.blogspot.com

As many of you guys read in another thread, I'm planning to drive this for a few months to see if its worthy for a waste vegetable oil conversion. If it truly gets 30-32 mpg, i'll be getting double the mileage as i do now, so its avoided cost savings which I'll apply to the conversion kit.

So, I gotta get on the ball tonight to take care of the paperwork

And thanks to everyone I've emailed about Mercedes advice. You know who you are

Bob

Re: Bob_98SR5 is going green! Look at my pimp arse 87 Mercedes 300TD!

nice.

I thought the biodiesel didn't require a conversion.
    &#039;83 Truck 4x4 - 4&quot; lift, downey header,, lots of stickers.<br />&#039;90 Runner $600 project ,32&#039;s on black Steelies,Optima Red Top, 1.5&quot; Balljoint Spacers, 80 series Coils, Sleeping/Storage Platform extravaganza<br /><br />You know enough to be dangerous, get out the way before you break something i can&#039;t fix- Pops

you got the last good year of mercedes, my father has a 300sd turbodiesel 1985 and it has 310k on the clock, it looks almost brandnew. he keeps it up well
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

Give that thing an urban camo paint job and biodiesel and you are set! Congrats!
    My signature

Na he needs some tint and so new gear:

&#039;83 Truck 4x4 - 4&quot; lift, downey header,, lots of stickers.<br />&#039;90 Runner $600 project ,32&#039;s on black Steelies,Optima Red Top, 1.5&quot; Balljoint Spacers, 80 series Coils, Sleeping/Storage Platform extravaganza<br /><br />You know enough to be dangerous, get out the way before you break something i can&#039;t fix- Pops

hey reg,

dontcha read, fella??!?! i'm going to convert it after a few months of driving it. if this is a crappy vehicle, id rather not spend the $$ on the conversion

bob

Let us know how it turns out. I've been thinking for the last year and a half about getting a full-size diesel truck (shhh, domestic) and doing the same conversion.

Beat up old 2002 Tacoma

You will know when Bob passes you on the freeway. You will get an instant craving for churros.
    My signature

Quote Originally Posted by slosurfer
    You will know when Bob passes you on the freeway. You will get an instant craving for churros.
    but when you get home there will not be any....

serious, chris! it will defintely smell like churros or tortilla chips

i'm just unglued at the moment. i can't wait for this car to come in!

bob

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast