Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bob_98SR5 is going green! Look at my 87 Mercedes 300D Turbo!

Re: Bob_98SR5 is going green! Look at my pimp arse 87 Mercedes 300TD!

Cool Bob!!

Looks much nicer than the pile I looked at
    1995 4runner--SAS'd and armored--GONE

1998 4Runner--under construction--GONE

2003 4runner...the new project

Re: Bob_98SR5 is going green! Look at my 87 Mercedes 300TD!

hey marc,

tell me about it! dude, taht guy is really fishy too. i think he co-opt'd (read: blatantly stole) some other guy's 190D ad in San Diego. i called on that and sure enough, it was Mike, the same seller of the one i had you look at

Hey, thanks for your help again on that one! glad i didn't buy that!

bob

Good grab Bob. Will follow along as you do this project.
    ________________________________<br />Eric<br /><br />2006 Tundra D-Cab V8<br /><br />&quot;All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing&quot;

yeah, definitely! too bad we toyota owners dont have diesel options too >:-\

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_98SR5
    yeah, definitely! too bad we toyota owners dont have diesel options too >:-\
    Not in North America anyways.
    I want to see some good install pics if you do the veggie conversion on that Bob.

Peter, I've thought about the same thing several times myself, but the whole domestic thing (and potential associated problems) keeps turning me off to the idea. If gas hits $5-6 per gallon, I might have to overlook that little issue and finally make the jump.

Toyota, why can't the Tundra get a diesel option?!
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

Very Cool!

My family have a number of diesels (VWs and MBs). Both are great cars but beware the M-B have the crappiest a/c systems on the planet. Thought I better let you know.

PM me if you have any questions concerning diesels.
    Cupholder Mod

Bob,
    Looks like it is in good shape! Looks newer than a 1987. What state was it from?
    1992 Celica All Trac Turbo

Bob,
    your title is misleading to me, 300TDs are wagons, right? unless you wanted to specify the turbo diesel. i have a similar, 92 300D, converted to the greasecar kit. i get about 32mpg on diesel and about 28mpg on grease.

Be careful about switching over to vegeoil. I read were some states are fining people who make the conversion because these individuals are no longer paying taxes to drive on the road. And states don't like losing their money. I will try to find the article.
    92 4Runner SR5 V6 4X4<br />Skyjacker Nitro shocks, Pro-Comp steering stabilizer, clear bumper lenses, lund windjammer, OME standard coils, ISR mod, inlet pipe removed, Bushwaker Fender Flares.<br /><br />2002 Tacoma Prerunner V6 extracab. Lund Intercepter bug guard, rear glass sunshield, Bilstein shocks on rear.<br /><br />2004 Honda CRV EX stock belongs to wife.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast