Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bob_98SR5 is going green! Look at my 87 Mercedes 300D Turbo!

Re: Bob_98SR5 is going green! Look at my 87 Mercedes 300TD!

Quote Originally Posted by reggie 00
    Isn't this J & K with a blond wig??? TJ
    2000, Toyota 4Runner,V6 Auto, SR-5 Silver,4X4 Leather,Moon-Roof, Cruise, A/C, Remote Start, Pwr. Windows &amp; Locks, Alumn. Wheels, Tires are Bridgestone, Full Auido up grade with XM, all Kenwood. Color matched Bug deflector, Roof rack, Dust Deflector and Rear wiper.&nbsp; <br /><br /><br />Resistance is Futile; buy a Toyota!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul H.
    Be careful about switching over to vegeoil. I read were some states are fining people who make the conversion because these individuals are no longer paying taxes to drive on the road. And states don't like losing their money. I will try to find the article.
    I would say then it's time for another "Boston Tea Party!" TJ

P.S. Anyone who is willing to recycle french-fry grease or taco grease, they should get a tax break!! TJ
    2000, Toyota 4Runner,V6 Auto, SR-5 Silver,4X4 Leather,Moon-Roof, Cruise, A/C, Remote Start, Pwr. Windows &amp; Locks, Alumn. Wheels, Tires are Bridgestone, Full Auido up grade with XM, all Kenwood. Color matched Bug deflector, Roof rack, Dust Deflector and Rear wiper.&nbsp; <br /><br /><br />Resistance is Futile; buy a Toyota!

92 4Runner SR5 V6 4X4<br />Skyjacker Nitro shocks, Pro-Comp steering stabilizer, clear bumper lenses, lund windjammer, OME standard coils, ISR mod, inlet pipe removed, Bushwaker Fender Flares.<br /><br />2002 Tacoma Prerunner V6 extracab. Lund Intercepter bug guard, rear glass sunshield, Bilstein shocks on rear.<br /><br />2004 Honda CRV EX stock belongs to wife.

better subscribe to Star magazine now for the MBs, if you have an question about that engine let me know and ill ask my dad, hes done tons of work on his and its reliable as hell
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

Quote Originally Posted by aMiR904
    Bob,
    your title is misleading to me, 300TDs are wagons, right? unless you wanted to specify the turbo diesel. i have a similar, 92 300D, converted to the greasecar kit. i get about 32mpg on diesel and about 28mpg on grease.
    amir,

it is a turbo diesel. is that not the right nomenclature? 300TD? Or is it 300D Turbo? anyways, it is a 300 class diesel with a turbocharger

and yes, i've read that there are many model lines w/ crappy AC systems. but according to the seller, he stated that the AC blows cold. as with everything about this car, "we'll see".

and also, i'll probably email you a few questions if you dont mind about your conversion kit, filtering, as well as your overall experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul H.
    Be careful about switching over to vegeoil. I read were some states are fining people who make the conversion because these individuals are no longer paying taxes to drive on the road. And states don't like losing their money. I will try to find the article.
    paul,

as far as i know, in CA, there is a fee that you need to pay in order to collect waste fuel. but you know, if you are doing it on a small scale, i am sure you'll be fine. also, as much as i'd like a license plate frame that says 'GIVING THE FINGER TO MIDEAST OIL", i am not going to advertise the fact that its running on veggie oil b/c of stories like this as well as potential thieves.

Quote Originally Posted by neliconcept
    better subscribe to Star magazine now for the MBs, if you have an question about that engine let me know and ill ask my dad, hes done tons of work on his and its reliable as hell
    Mr. concept,

i may hit you up on some advice from your dad.

Re: Bob_98SR5 is going green! Look at my 87 Mercedes 300D Turbo!

Nice find Bob , I personally really like the wagons.

If you get pulled over for tax invasion, just leave the engine run. The police will get such a donut/french fry graving, they'll be gone before they can write you a ticket.
    Just make sure you won't get cravings yourself, or you'll end up mortally obese while going green
    2006 4Runner Sport Edition V8
    2011 4Runner SR5

arjan,

yeah, i like the wagons too, but they were about $1k more than the sedans. this is all about doing on the cheap!

the guy at the dealership got both checks and he's gonna send the title over to me this monday. now i have to arrange the transport. i doubt that they will be able to get it to me by th end of the month, so i'll just expect it to arrive around the beginning of july.

bob

Where is the car from?
    Cupholder Mod

wisconsin

Keep us posted on the coversion. Justin and I bought a turbo diesel E350 short bus (yes a real bus with the cool bus door) off of ebay for $3800. It was in Philly, we drove it cross country to CA. We are in the process of building our own biodiesel processor. We can make our own diesel for about $1/gal and it will work in any diesel vehicle!

I'll post a pic of our bus in a minute...

Edit: Edit deleted

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast