Thread: My camera's toast...

My camera's toast...

It got splashed with salt water on the cruise... Anyway, if anyone knows someone selling a used Canon S70 on the cheap, lemme know. I just want to buy another of the same camera because I have a bunch of stuff for it.

I want to go to DSLR, but I don't have $3k right now. Lame.
    Brian
    1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4
    Supercharged, URD'd, Lifted, etc. etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodTimes
    I for one will say that I am the superb ultimate cream of the crop web wheeler and will not take anything less than that as my moniker.

Re: My camera's toast...

You don't need 3k for a dSLR.

If you stick with another point and shoot, consider the Olympus Stylus 770SW.
    "Shockproof. Waterproof. Freezeproof. Crushproof."
    http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_se...p?product=1287

Quote Originally Posted by calrockx
    You don't need 3k for a dSLR.
    The one I want does cost that much. If I do go SLR, I would want to try and jump straight into the mid-high grade arena- The Canon EOS 5D is about $2700 for just the body, add a good lens and I'm looking at about $3500. Full frame sensor, 12.7 MP, it's a bitchin camera. If I'm lucky, I may be able to buy a "gently used" one off of an upgrading photographer in a year or two... If I start to get desparate, I might take a closer look at the EOS 400D (10.1MP, $899 w/ lens), mainly because it uses the same battery as my S70 did (NB-2LH) and it uses Compact Flash memory, but I'm not ready to "settle" just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by calrockx
    If you stick with another point and shoot, consider the Olympus Stylus 770SW.
    "Shockproof. Waterproof. Freezeproof. Crushproof."
    http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_se...p?product=1287
    Like I said before, I just want to get another S70 because I have spare batteries, a car charger, a 2X telephoto lens with mount, and 80X CF chip for it. Plus, I know exactly how it works and have taken some great pictures with it. If I EVER get another point-and-shoot, it would be Canon; probably the G7.
    Brian
    1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4
    Supercharged, URD'd, Lifted, etc. etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodTimes
    I for one will say that I am the superb ultimate cream of the crop web wheeler and will not take anything less than that as my moniker.

photography-on-the.net if you are looking for a used 5d, ive seen em go as cheap as 2000 for a body and some 2300 for body and a decent lens.

I just sold my 5d not long ago man i would have let you know. 2500 for that camera and the 100macro on ebay.
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

I'm glad I'm content with my cheapo $1300 Nikon D80.
    I kid...it's a real nice camera, and perfect for where I'm at now.

I simply recommended the Olympus point and shoot because then you wouldn't have to worry about splashing water on it. I'm gonna pick up that camera, I like a point and shoot that can take a beating. My current Canon S30 has had its share of falls and held up well, but it's time to retire that artifact.