Thread: Mounting Hi Lift to TJM T15

Mounting Hi Lift to TJM T15

So here are some pics of what I came up with to mount my hi-lift style jack to the TJM T15. Since I don't have lights mounted on the provided tabs - and never plan to, I decided to use the built in tabs as the mounting points for the jack. I had some "L" brackets fabbed up and drilled holes to accommodate some 1/2" hardware. The hi lift is secured with 2 wing nuts for easy removal and mounting as I will only put this on when I hit the trails. Pics...

Brackets as they sit without hi lift on the mounts..

Closeup of the jack mounted:

On the trail...

John
    &#039;97 4Runner SR5<br />Front: Tundra Coils/Tokico Trekmasters&nbsp; | Rear: LC Shocks &amp; Coils + SS rear &quot;fixes&quot; | Custom Sliders <br />285/75 Maxxis Bighorn Radials | Retrofit E-Locker | TJM T15 | Custom Rear Bumper | Warn m8000

Re: Mounting Hi Lift to TJM T15

looks pretty good!

i am really unimpressed with the tjm so far though.. i really think they should use a thicker metal. i have no faith in mine.

anyway thats besides the point. nice job man.
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

looks nice man

Lee, you should see Bud from Budbuilts t17 on his tacoma, he has no wings on it and the right side is warped and that entire truck is bashed all to hell. he is super freakin cool though

The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

another front hilift'd tjm.

i likey the TJM, but i've dented mine. pulling up to winch someone, i sorta tapped a rock, it's not too noticeable tho. on the bright side lee...less weight.

Quote Originally Posted by calrockx
    another front hilift'd tjm.
    Is this a common thing? I didn't get much response from a request to see how others have mounted it to the TJM. I've seen it on BruceTS's but that's about it.

John
    &#039;97 4Runner SR5<br />Front: Tundra Coils/Tokico Trekmasters&nbsp; | Rear: LC Shocks &amp; Coils + SS rear &quot;fixes&quot; | Custom Sliders <br />285/75 Maxxis Bighorn Radials | Retrofit E-Locker | TJM T15 | Custom Rear Bumper | Warn m8000

Well...ha, I've only seen it on yours and his rig as well, so yeah. I don't think it's very common. Neat mod tho.

Tomorrow, if I get time I'll be posting pictures of my TJM...... it's currently undergoing a few major transformations. I took my front hilift mounts off and may not reinstall them, since I now have a rear mount for it.
    99 SR5 4Runner Highlander 5spd V6 4WD e-locker<br />Myspace<br />3rd Gen Bumper Build-up<br />1GR-FE 4.0L V-6 &amp; RA60F 6-speed for my project vehicle<br /><br /><br />Don&#039;t Ask when I&#039;m gonna go SAS, I&#039;m not... I&#039;ll build a buggy first!

Quote Originally Posted by calrockx
    on the bright side lee...less weight.
    i agree, but i am more than willing to make a weight sacrifice for better off road performance. im about to buy a camry for a DD, so mpg's are less important to me on the runner

ok sorry to hijack.
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

One thing you must remember, if the bumper is built too strong, then something has to give during impact. The next weak link is the frame, I'd rather have the bumper bend, because frames will only take so much before they start cracking.
    99 SR5 4Runner Highlander 5spd V6 4WD e-locker<br />Myspace<br />3rd Gen Bumper Build-up<br />1GR-FE 4.0L V-6 &amp; RA60F 6-speed for my project vehicle<br /><br /><br />Don&#039;t Ask when I&#039;m gonna go SAS, I&#039;m not... I&#039;ll build a buggy first!