Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Dyno Oil??

Best Dyno Oil??

hey guys, if you only could put dyno oil in your motors what would you go with and WHY?? my family has been using Havoline since the 40's-50's.. no seized motors to this day.. with all this talk about how synthetics may not be synthetics i figured i would start a dyno oil post and see who uses what and why

thanks fellas
    mike
    2002 Tacoma 4x4 3.4 v6 4-Door <br />96k miles and counting!

Re: Best Dyno Oil??

I usually stick to Valvoline, Pennzoil, or Quaker State. But as long as they've got the ASE symbol on the bottle and you change the oil every 3-5k miles (I change mine at 3500-4000), you won't have any problems no matter what brand it is. I don't think anybody has had a motor seize up on them using oil from a reputable oil company (with regular changes, of course).

I use Valvoline, because that's what the Toyota dealerships use around here.
    Land Cruiser

I've always used Quaker State, Castrol or Valvoline myself too (usually whatever I can get a cheap case of at Costco), but I have even tried some of the very cheap oils and they seem to do fine too as long as you change them often to limit any chance of sludge buildup.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

so no one uses havoline? lol..

Quote Originally Posted by mkgarrison5
    so no one uses havoline? lol..
    I've certainly used it in the past, but I don't see it much up here at all.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

I would say Valvoline....especially the Max Life oil.

I've been using Castrol high mileage since about 80k and it's worked good for me.
    [url=http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.php?option=com_smf&amp;Itemid=26&amp;topic=1 592.0]

For dyno, I use Valvoline.
    The only vehicle I use dyno in is the 89 Pickup.
    The Tundra and Celica only get Mobil 1 Syn.
    1992 Celica All Trac Turbo

i read on BITOG that valvoline high mileage dino is good, castrol gtx is good, and penzoil are good in the yotas

Valvoline, hands down, no exceptions.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast