Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Best Dyno Oil??

Re: Best Dyno Oil??

thats cool that you saw an almost immediate change in how your truck runs. i dont remember when i switched lol. it was over 40k miles ago (sometime last year).. now you are making me wonder if i should not switch back to dino haha.... i may do it one time just to see if i like it and notice a difference.
    2002 Tacoma 4x4 3.4 v6 4-Door <br />96k miles and counting!

I think the bottom line is not to read too much into it. I was using just basic oil before so stepping up to a better quality oil (like a synthetic) seems to make enough of a difference for me to want to keep running it. That doesn't mean the durablend isn't a good oil, but up here, the price difference was almost nil ($24 vs $26 for 5L) so I just paid a bit more and got the best Valvoline had to offer. Mobil 1 is also great oil (even if it is mostly type III basestocks), but I'm just not spending $40 CDN for 4.4L of oil so I went with what I felt gave me the most value. Every person will have a different idea of what the best "value" is for them and I would urge them to go with that.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

oh yeah i know what you mean jamie. if i come across a synthetic on sale (castrol, valvoline or what not) i may go with it just to save a few bucks. i think its cool that you see that much of a difference in BOTH vehicles. i think ill experiment with blends and see if i notice a difference. ill start with castrol or valvoline blend. with these motors you can run olive oil and you will not wear them out.

I use Mobil 5000.
    92 4Runner SR5 V6 4X4<br />Skyjacker Nitro shocks, Pro-Comp steering stabilizer, clear bumper lenses, lund windjammer, OME standard coils, ISR mod, inlet pipe removed, Bushwaker Fender Flares.<br /><br />2002 Tacoma Prerunner V6 extracab. Lund Intercepter bug guard, rear glass sunshield, Bilstein shocks on rear.<br /><br />2004 Honda CRV EX stock belongs to wife.

Quote Originally Posted by MTL_4runner
    I think the bottom line is not to read too much into it. I was using just basic oil before so stepping up to a better quality oil (like a synthetic) seems to make enough of a difference for me to want to keep running it. That doesn't mean the durablend isn't a good oil, but up here, the price difference was almost nil ($24 vs $26 for 5L) so I just paid a bit more and got the best Valvoline had to offer. Mobil 1 is also great oil (even if it is mostly type III basestocks), but I'm just not spending $40 CDN for 4.4L of oil so I went with what I felt gave me the most value. Every person will have a different idea of what the best "value" is for them and I would urge them to go with that.
    well i just switched to valvoline durablend 10w30 "tought driving blend" (summer oil).. i cant tell much of a difference at all from mobile 1 syn 5w30. other than the notorius mobile 1 syn clattering noise. my motor is quieter and seems to be a tiny bit smoother.ill keep up with gas mileage to see if it affects it at all. so far its neglegiable at best.. i may switch to the durablend 5w30 and stick with that esp in the winter..also i saved about 15$ or more too :-)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345