Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ahhh free speech, the one way street of hollywood

Ahhh free speech, the one way street of hollywood

Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

Re: Ahhh free speech, the one way street of hollywood

Look at her eyes....NUTJOB!

Its hollywood, what do you expect?
    -I love you.-<br /><br />1987 BigWheel

HaHa.....oh what is this country coming to?

You know, as much as we wish that news was left unbiased, it's not, and will never be. However, when you have people across the country (both sides of the spectrum) touting free speech, and then they turn around and do things of this nature, I loose all respect for that person. No matter how hot she is.

As much as "Air America" can boil my blood when I listen to it, it's a free damn country. People like this only slow down the progress of mankind.
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

To go out on a couple limbs...

It is free speech when what you are saying agrees with the agenda of those listening.

It is not racism when you are the minority opressing the supposed oppressors.

I am pretty consistently amazed.
    2k 4Runner&nbsp; Daily Driver<br />Long travel front<br />Longer travel rear<br />Diamonds, Foxes, Alcans and MT/R&#039;s <br />Goes fast and slow

Perhaps I am interpreting this completely wrong, but I don't see that what she did violated freedom of speech in any way. The job of an actress/actor is to play a role in a film or play, and possibly to promote that film/play, nowhere in that job description does it say "you have to expose your full personal life for the public". She is an actress, that is her JOB, why does that give anyone any right to harass her about her personal life? I do estimating and engineering, if I go to a job site to check out a floor that is sagging, I anticipate being talked to about the floor, not my personal life. She is offering an interview specifically about her role in the movie and nothing else, it doesn't seem unreasonable to require that they only ask her about that. Acting is a high profile job when you become famous, but that puts you under no laws that require that you disclose every bit of your life.
    [quote author=fustercluck link=topic=2107.msg22283#msg22283 date=1188483178]<br />I&#39;m with Intrepid, there&#39;s no use making a project out of it.<br />[/quote]<br /><br />Mistakes: Perhaps it is the purpose of your life to serve as an example to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheese
    To go out on a couple limbs...

It is free speech when what you are saying agrees with the agenda of those listening.

It is not racism when you are the minority opressing the supposed oppressors.

I am pretty consistently amazed.
    Not as amazed as you'll be when, even though you are older than 21, I take away your freedom to drink responsibly by ripping a beer out of your hands!

Here's the thing: Hollywood people are nutjobs. Tom Cruise. Case in Point. End of story.

Actually, we (the tabloid consuming public) are the nut jobs.

It is obliquely our (collectively) fault that anyone even gives a darn about the private lives, political views, etc, etc of anyone in the entertainment sector.

People *buy* the tabloids with that kind of crap in it. People *watch* the completely inane media programs that "investigate" the off-screen existence of the entertainment professionals.

Freedom of the press wouldn't be a hot topic if the collective jackals that make up the media-consuming public didn't place such an absurd valuation on this kind of information that serves no one, and only exists to provide titillation to the unwashed masses.

Why? Why, people? Stop! Stop now and save our world!
    Scott
    2017 blue 4runner ORP / Shrockwork sliders, RCI skids, and a small pile of not-yet-installed bits.
    (Proud recipient of $22,000 in damage within the first five months of ownership. Darnit.)

It'll never happen.

The people who care about that stuff are bored with their lives. I see this all the time at the Unversity of Colorado. Here, people starve them selves over issues that they are far too stupid to understand. Why? Becasue they are bored.

Not just "i don't have anything to do" bored, but so utterly, and completely mind-numbingly bored that casual sex, masturbation, hell, even smoking pot is boring. At this point, all they are left to do is care about famous people's lives.

Nutcases. All of em.

Quote Originally Posted by AxleIke
    It'll never happen.

The people who care about that stuff are bored with their lives. I see this all the time at the Unversity of Colorado. Here, people starve them selves over issues that they are far too stupid to understand. Why? Becasue they are bored.

Not just "i don't have anything to do" bored, but so utterly, and completely mind-numbingly bored that casual sex, masturbation, hell, even smoking pot is boring. At this point, all they are left to do is care about famous people's lives.

Nutcases. All of em.
    when you think about it, is it getting worse or has it been like this for decades? i really dont know but maybe me being apathetic might have to stop if it starts to screw a lot of things up.
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast