Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Choosing grill mesh; can it affect cooling capabilities?

Re: Choosing grill mesh; can it affect cooling capabilities?

Quote Originally Posted by Rathead
    Erich,

I bought a sample grill mesh package from www.customcargrills.com for $5 plus shipping, they give you a 3" x 3" sample of all ten mesh styles that they offer plus a $5 discount code for when you make a decision and buy a sheet. I'm not sure how reasonable their prices are ($40 or so per sheet) but their sample package says something.

As far as the mesh that resembles the scoop, it's pretty close. The holes are approx. the same size, but the space in between is slightly thicker here's a pic

Just got my emblem in the mail today, here's a picture of that:

I'm planning on filling in the letters and rounding them over a bit in an attempt to "modernize" it.

I'm still waiting for my grill, so I'll get some pictures up as soon as I make some progress.

Luke
    Great, thanks !

Which sample is it? Perforated Mesh?

Erich
    -Erich
    99' Black Highlander 4runner / Garage Profile / Black P/C 8x16 Wheeler Off-Road alloy wheels / Husky floor liners / Thule MOAB Rack
    Alaskan Waterfowler Blog

does your 99 have the painted grill ?
    My Truck 98 4runner 4x4 SR5 3.4L 5spd E-Locker <br />Mom 07 Tundra d-cab limited 5.7L 4x4 auto fully loaded<br />mom&#39;s 92 pickup SR5 3.0L 5spd 4x4 <br />Papa 89 Pickup SR5 X-cab 4x4 3.0L 5spd/98 4runner 3.4L auto 4x4 <br />R.I.P 91 4runner SR5 4x4 3.0L 5spd Totaled 5/13/06

Elton,

My '99?
    If so, then yes...black.

Would you be interested in it?

&#039;99 4Runner Highlander, e-Locker, Deckplate/Trueflow, and 265/75 Terra Grapplers

Quote Originally Posted by Erich_870
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_98SR5
    for anyone who wants to do this mod, i have a brand new 98 grill for sale for $75 shipped CONUS only
    Where's the love?!

Seriously though, I'm interested to see the what an 81 FJ40's emblem looks like.

Erich
    erich,

you want it, i'll do it for you. ill charge the seattle postage rate and the AK rate. i'll add on the difference to the seattle rate. if interested, pm me

bob

Quote Originally Posted by Rathead
    Elton,

My '99?
    If so, then yes...black.

Would you be interested in it?

darn wish it was chrome could of traded
    My Truck 98 4runner 4x4 SR5 3.4L 5spd E-Locker <br />Mom 07 Tundra d-cab limited 5.7L 4x4 auto fully loaded<br />mom&#39;s 92 pickup SR5 3.0L 5spd 4x4 <br />Papa 89 Pickup SR5 X-cab 4x4 3.0L 5spd/98 4runner 3.4L auto 4x4 <br />R.I.P 91 4runner SR5 4x4 3.0L 5spd Totaled 5/13/06

thread hijack time

My satoshi grill for sale here: http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.ph...16545#msg16545

bob

I have no cooling issues and this is what I'm running> (5/8" holes)

1997 4Runner Limited; <br />3.4L 4WD; Rear E-Locker; OEM/Sonoran Steel 3.5&quot; Lift; ARB Tacoma BullBar w/ 525 PIAA Dual-Beam Lights; Alpine/JL Audio; CompuStar; TRD Headers w/ Magnaflow custom dual exhaust; 305/70 MTR&#039;s on Blacked-out A/R wheels; Tundra Brakes; 4&quot; Deckplate mod w/ TRD filter; ISR mod; Yellow Top Optima w/ custom tie down; Custom grille inserts; JDM Black headlights w/ 6000k HID&#039;s; Extended diff breathers<br />PICS&gt; ::97 4Runner Site::

I think you will be fine with that mesh. It is still open enough that you will have plenty of flow on the highway and the fan can suck some fresh air through there while you are wheelin. I think I may use the same stuff. Are you going to paint it black? Make sure you post some pics.

amazon also has some. its a bit thinner but its quite a bit cheaper http://www.amazon.com/Aluminum-Perfo.../dp/B000FN12OA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12