Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for CO2 source in San Diego

Looking for CO2 source in San Diego

So I went and had my 10lb CO2 tank filled today for the very first time. Holy Cow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I paid $24.30 for 10 pounds of CO2! West Air in El Cajon.

Everyone talks about it typically costing around $15 so where are you guys getting it for that price?

Any help would be very appreciated.
    ________________________________<br />Eric<br /><br />2006 Tundra D-Cab V8<br /><br />&quot;All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing&quot;

Re: Looking for CO2 source in San Diego

i think people are going to airgas... look for industrial welding shops

That was my first stop actually. AirGas no longer has a CO2 tank on site because of insurance issues and they sent me down to West Air.

Bump for info
    ________________________________<br />Eric<br /><br />2006 Tundra D-Cab V8<br /><br />&quot;All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing&quot;

Get your tank filled with nitrogen instead. Nitrogen is way better for you tires. There are no hot/cold tire pressures with nitrogen. I have a 76 cu.ft. bottle of Nitrogen in my truck. I can air up from 15ish lbs. to 50ish lbs. about 4 times before the bottle is empty. Then swap it out with a full one at work for free. If i had to pay to get it filled though, i would probably run VIAIR on board air.

Any of you like Guns? Hit me up for great prices! www.gunsupfirearms.com

Quote Originally Posted by ecchamberlin
    That was my first stop actually. AirGas no longer has a CO2 tank on site because of insurance issues and they sent me down to West Air.

Bump for info
    That's wierd Eric. I wonder if it is a local thing for the SD Airgas. I just had mine filled at the Airgas in C. Springs and it only cost me ~$15. Is there any other place that jams CO2 cylinders for beverage vendors?
    Lance<br />2001 4Runner Limited 4X4 (Sonoran Steel Stocker)<br />315/75R16 MT/Rs | MT Classic IIs | Dual ARBs/4.88s | (F) 5125/Tundra Coils (R) 5125/LC Coils | 4Crawler 1.5&quot; BL | Aisin Manual Hubs | Slee Sliders | Sonoran Steel Rear Bumper | TJM T-15 w/ Warn M8000

Quote Originally Posted by xonetruthcrewx
    Get your tank filled with nitrogen instead. Nitrogen is way better for you tires. There are no hot/cold tire pressures with nitrogen. I have a 76 cu.ft. bottle of Nitrogen in my truck. I can air up from 15ish lbs. to 50ish lbs. about 4 times before the bottle is empty. Then swap it out with a full one at work for free. If i had to pay to get it filled though, i would probably run VIAIR on board air.
    Cool set up. Bigger bottle than I would want but that rocks.

Will they put Nitrogen in a CO2 bottle? Seems like there must be some benefit to CO2 for all these co's to be selling them instead of Ni. Is Ni as stable as CO2?

liquid nitrogen is a bit colder than co2, so i think thats why they use co2. and its probably cheaper to produce, etc. not sure about stability issues though.

i dont mind filling up with a compressor. the cool factor just doesnt exist, but since when have i been, or even tried to be, cool?
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Sort of off topic but hey it is my thread LOL

I wanted a CO2 tank because my 12v compressor is slow and I found that on longer day/weekend runs that had paved roads between trails that I would be aired down to 13psi and not fill them back up because it would take a long time and then we would need to air right back down. 25 miles on 13 psi is not safe and this way it will take a fraction of the time to fill up and be on the road between trails safely. Also if I pop a bead or someone else on the trail does We can reseat it with CO2.

Lazy I guess but we all wheel the rigs we can afford and prioritize our mods and equipment the way we choose.....

Still going to carry my 12v comp. as a back up.

Quote Originally Posted by ecchamberlin
    Sort of off topic but hey it is my thread LOL

I wanted a CO2 tank because my 12v compressor is slow and I found that on longer day/weekend runs that had paved roads between trails that I would be aired down to 13psi and not fill them back up because it would take a long time and then we would need to air right back down. 25 miles on 13 psi is not safe and this way it will take a fraction of the time to fill up and be on the road between trails safely. Also if I pop a bead or someone else on the trail does We can reseat it with CO2.

Lazy I guess but we all wheel the rigs we can afford and prioritize our mods and equipment the way we choose.....

Still going to carry my 12v comp. as a back up.
    I went with co2 because of the speed factor. I found that the family (especially little kids) would get antsy waiting for the compressor and sometimes the area to air up wasn't anywhere I would feel comfortable letting my 2 yr. old run free, so he would get all riles up because he had to sit in the car. Now it is fast and painless. Oh and I get mine filled at Airgas ~22 bucks for my 20lb tank.
    My signature

Man I got put to me paying more than what it cost you to have a 20lb tank filled. Going to do some hard looking for a cheaper SD source.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast