Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for CO2 source in San Diego

Re: Looking for CO2 source in San Diego

try a Fire Extingusher Co. we got one here (Denver) they will fill "my" 20# bottle for $12
    Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz

Good thought. I will try that also.

I just did some calling around and AirGas Co. wants $22.30 for 10lbs. So not much cheaper there either. The search continues....
    ________________________________<br />Eric<br /><br />2006 Tundra D-Cab V8<br /><br />&quot;All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing&quot;

also go to the 4x4 shops, they may know of a place thats cheaper, $22 bucks for 10#s is crazy
    Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz

You might give Jeremy (Weldtec) a call....or call my buddy PJ at East County Offroad Center
    1995 4runner--SAS'd and armored--GONE

1998 4Runner--under construction--GONE

2003 4runner...the new project

I stopped and talked to Jeremy and he was the one who sent me to AIRGAS and since they didn't have CO2 anymore they sent me to West Air. So no go there.

All the places I have been to and called have asked me if I had an account with them. I wonder if they have diff rates for non account(cash) customers than people who hold accounts? May look into what it takes to open an account.
    ________________________________<br />Eric<br /><br />2006 Tundra D-Cab V8<br /><br />&quot;All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing&quot;

It would be intersting to know the issue of starting up an account.

I just switched over my (1yr old) 15lb CO2 bottle from AirGas which I seem to remember being about $25 back then, to an 10lb aluminium CO2 bottle which also cost me $25 from AirGas.

I was thinking the alum. bottle would weigh a lot less but its doesn't seem that much different although I haven't actually weighed the two (steel vs alum).

I might start looking for alternate suppliers too.
    Mark<br />04 4Runner SE, 17x9 MT ClassicLocks, 35&quot; BFG&#39;s, ARB lockers frnt and rear, 4.56 Gears, SW Sliders &amp; Bullbar, Smittybilt 10000lb winch, custom susp, 1.5&quot; 4Crawler BL, Kurt Trailing Arms, Cobra 75WXST CB radio, 4ft Firestick, Yaesu FT-7800 2m/70cm Ham Radio, Sat. Radio.

Quote Originally Posted by ecchamberlin
    I stopped and talked to Jeremy and he was the one who sent me to AIRGAS and since they didn't have CO2 anymore they sent me to West Air. So no go there.

All the places I have been to and called have asked me if I had an account with them. I wonder if they have diff rates for non account(cash) customers than people who hold accounts? May look into what it takes to open an account.
    Just from my experience with distributors there is a price difference from the average Joe to an account holder.

sometimes its pretty big. sometimes not
    &#039;83 Truck 4x4 - 4&quot; lift, downey header,, lots of stickers.<br />&#039;90 Runner $600 project ,32&#039;s on black Steelies,Optima Red Top, 1.5&quot; Balljoint Spacers, 80 series Coils, Sleeping/Storage Platform extravaganza<br /><br />You know enough to be dangerous, get out the way before you break something i can&#039;t fix- Pops

Try Helium? Just keep it away from Marc.
    T.O.Y.O.T.A.<br />Take Off Your Oversized Tires Andy

Nice.

How are ya doin Seth? Deathrunner still for sale?

Hell No.

My midlife crisis is over. I'm keeping it. Have a few mods planned...should make me happy again.

Otherwise, I am good. Life's been busy, but I plan to be out on the trail in the fall.
    T.O.Y.O.T.A.<br />Take Off Your Oversized Tires Andy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast