Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More Bike Questions

Re: More Bike Questions

I looked at the Hoss series before I bought my chainsaw. I don't need that much bike.

I have gone over handle bars and I do not like that. Hard-ish road riding for conditioning is like as hard as it would get. I just hate true road bikes, again with the big man thing.

Some of my downhill, hard riding friends have hydraulic discs and they love them. I just am worried about coaster brakes coming home from the pub.

I agree on the stolen stuff. I will keep it off campus, I am just too close to bother with that. It will be the pub, the store, the park, etc.

I went to the local Giant dealer and asked for a non-suspension bike. He said all the mountain bikes they stock anymore have some form of front suspension. He only had small framed FCR3's in stock.

I did pedal around a Trek Soho. Felt like the right animal but I am certain the 1200 tag is not for me.

Again, thanks.
    2k 4Runner&nbsp; Daily Driver<br />Long travel front<br />Longer travel rear<br />Diamonds, Foxes, Alcans and MT/R&#039;s <br />Goes fast and slow

Lees cycles right across from campus i think had one hardtail rigid front fork bike, but dont quote me on it Adrian.

also with disk brakes, if you untrue the rim at all with hard landings off jumps, it wont warp your braking at all like Vbrakes will.

good ring sets with a crank are essential too, its just like breaking a ring and pinion, you can round off teeth and it still work but it will start slipping some.

just my .02 cents.

most hardtails only should cost from 400-900 anyways, since full suspensions are taking over and i got my FS bike at the shop in westminister for only 1100.

oh yeah what is your take on theft? i plan to ride mine everywhere (save on gas a litte) and i plan to get one of those big ole u shaped locks for it.

The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

Quote Originally Posted by habanero
    Were that true, AxleIke, they'd sell a heck of a lot more disc brakes.

What?
    -I love you.-<br /><br />1987 BigWheel

I went to Lee's, the emo kid there was pretty helpful.

Campus is pretty chill, lots of people leave stuff out and it doesn't get messed with. At the same time, I have 4 friends who have lost big dollar bikes that were locked up in front of the NR building. Lots of my friends have a cheapie that comes to campus and a nice bike for the weekends/serious rides.

I am with Isaac on that quote.

I need something, I want something decent but I don't need something great. The hunt continues.
    2k 4Runner&nbsp; Daily Driver<br />Long travel front<br />Longer travel rear<br />Diamonds, Foxes, Alcans and MT/R&#039;s <br />Goes fast and slow

All the advice here is pretty sound. You know what you want, and now just need to find it. It will be a process like everything else. Let us know what you get.
    -I love you.-<br /><br />1987 BigWheel

2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

Tourist

Must have had a touch too much girl-ese. If you have to 'xplain it....well, it's not that great anyway.

Glad to see you've hit the LBS and it sounds like you've got a good clue about what you want. You know we're gonna want to know what you eventually end up with....even if it's another chainsaw.
    '96 4Runner SR5 4x4, manual, e-locker, manual hubs too. Stuff happened to it. Stuff is still happening to it.
    '99 4Runner SR5 Highlander, manual w/locker. Stuff is starting to happen to this one too...but not too much stuff.
    http://www.yotatech.com/f200/habaner...thread-201751/
    Quote Originally Posted by 04 Rocko Taco View Post
    Sometimes guys like to be treated like princesses too!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheese
    Lots of my friends have a cheapie that comes to campus and a nice bike for the weekends/serious rides.
    That's what we used to do in university......ride the walmart bike to class and save the nice one for weekend excursions.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

one last suggestion, I just picked up a Ibex bike for my wife and the quality looks pretty good and she is happy with the ride. You can get a lot of bike for a lot less as they only sell through the internet at ibexbikes.com. I was skeptical at first but if she gives it good reviews I may pick one up myself. good luck and happy ridin.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12