Thread: FJ TEAM JULY 7&8 GLENWOOD SPRINGS COLORADO

FJ TEAM JULY 7&8 GLENWOOD SPRINGS COLORADO

Hey guys _

Just came across this site. Looking good. See a few similar names on the board.

Anyways....

I would like to invite anybody that has a Toyota to join us on a 2 day 4x4 trail run, around Glenwood Springs, CO.

We got Bighorn Toyota doing a little something for us in the morning before we hit the trails. The trails are TBD by July 4th. But something like Crystal City-Schofield pass-lead king basin. Maybe Pearl pass if the snow melts. We will see.
    Any stock Toyota 4x4 vehicle with good tires will be OK. May need a spot @ 2 little obstacles.

Meeting time will be @ Bighorn Toyota in Glenwood Springs @ 8:15am
    Both Sat & Sun

Here is just a little link to the official Toyota FJ Cruiser Bulletin that shows the dates of the runs.

http://www.toyota.com/vehicles/minis...ME_FJ_BULLETIN

Contact me by email if you have any questions
    mark@agentfit.com
    970 393-3333

Re: FJ TEAM JULY 7&8 GLENWOOD SPRINGS COLORADO

hey Mark,
    glad to see ya here, not sure if we will make that, ill try to keep ya posted.
    Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz

just hop in. zip over the pass and i see ya Sat!
    oooo wait. you no supercharger yet

just leave fri night and i see ya sat morning then

Ok gang… Here are the official details for the trip.

My brother had a chance to run transfer trail, pearl pass, and Taylor pass these last 2 days on a dirt bike, and I just got off the phone with him.
    This event is for everyone with a stock Toyota 4x4 vehicle, so the trails selected will be the following. When I say 4x4. Please exclude your Highlander & Rav4. Esp. the Hybrid

I select Transfer trail for Saturday for a few reasons.

This trail starts literally 2blocks from Bighorn Toyota’s parking lot.
    This will give us time to do a meet & greet of everyone @ the dealership in the morning.
    Everyone will be treated to a little breakfast provided by the dealership. (SATURDAY ONLY) bc they are closed on Sundays.
    The people that have less experience will have a verbal little lesson in the morning before we head out.
    This trail is a little easier then the one we will be going on Sunday.
    And when we all return to town later in the day, whoever is up to going to the brewery for dinner can come along, or go to enjoy the Hot Springs Pool.

Saturday:
    Transfer Trail- aka Flat tops
    Meet @ the dealership 8:15am July 7th

The Flat Tops are a concentration of flat-topped headlands dominated by the White River Plateau, a flattened dome of geological strata capped with lava. The plateau is most prominent at the Chinese wall and the "Devils Causeway " a narrow ridge between the drainage of the East Fork of the Williams Fork River and the North Fork of the White River.
    Wide canyons, eroded by centuries of wind and water reach far into the plateau forming great amphitheaters ringed by rock escarpments. Above the cliffs is gently rolling grassland dotted with islands of timber. Elevation-approximately 10,000 feet. We will run the entire trail one direction, and end up @ the Dotsero exit on I-70 just East of Glenwood Springs, Canyon.

Sunday

Schofield Pass-Crystal City/Marble CO

Meet @ the dealership 8:15am July 8th
    Click the link below to see the trail

http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=45

I think that this one will be a good one for Sunday also for a few reasons.

For the newbes that made it thru transfer trail on Saturday. Now they are ready for a something a little more challenging on Sunday.

It also sounds like we will have more people attending the Sunday event. Running this trail has some amazing Colorado scenery that will be unforgettable for the less fortunate ones that are not from around here.

We will run this trail one way, all the way to Crested Butte, CO. So that whoever came from the Denver side can shoot down to Gunnison, and make their way to the city via. 285 and avoid the I-70 traffic Sunday if they would like. If not we will take Kebler pass - Paonia State park & (HWY 133) back towards Glenwood Springs.

Please have a full tank of fuel before you come to the dealership both mornings, so that we don’t have to make stops.

Bring a lunch both days.

Make sure you have a spare tire with air in it!

If you have a CB radio in your vehicle, that is a big help.

Bring a poncho & or extra cloths/shoes. Weather is weird in CO and it can rain one minute, and shine the next.

Bighorn Toyota
    152 west 6th street
    Glenwood Springs, CO 81601

If you have last minute questions call me on my cell. I am leaving PHX AZ Friday morning.

Mark
    (970) 393-3333