Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Aid Kits... a must have

Re: First Aid Kits... a must have

Yes this is important..I have a main kit in the runner and a mini kit to take with me when i head for rides.Good thing too, chain snapped on me making me eat rocks which gashed my finger to the bone. I was able to address the wound, then the bike..although i still did need 4 stitches.
    99 4Runner Limited

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz
    http://galls.com/style.html?assort=g...og&style=FA210

and where can you get epi pens? i thought they were prescription only
    Mine is a script for my brother, he is deathly allergic.

Aaron
    I can, because I don't know that I can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Ric
    yes First aide kits are something "every" vehicle should have. I have two, each cost less than $50 cant remember where i got them, but i do bring a Nurse (Practitioner) with me on most runs, lol
    Does she have a good looking older sister in the midwest????? TJ
    2000, Toyota 4Runner,V6 Auto, SR-5 Silver,4X4 Leather,Moon-Roof, Cruise, A/C, Remote Start, Pwr. Windows &amp; Locks, Alumn. Wheels, Tires are Bridgestone, Full Auido up grade with XM, all Kenwood. Color matched Bug deflector, Roof rack, Dust Deflector and Rear wiper.&nbsp; <br /><br /><br />Resistance is Futile; buy a Toyota!

I know some of you folks here get to some very remote places, I would look at one of the serious EMT units from www.Galls.com You need things like suchers,(sp) hemo's and other basic med tools, (look under trama kits) and rubber gloves, plus blood clotting options also for you who haven't checked lately look at your meds in the kits and make sure they haven't gone past expiration dates... TJ

Better safe!! than sorry, TJ
    2000, Toyota 4Runner,V6 Auto, SR-5 Silver,4X4 Leather,Moon-Roof, Cruise, A/C, Remote Start, Pwr. Windows &amp; Locks, Alumn. Wheels, Tires are Bridgestone, Full Auido up grade with XM, all Kenwood. Color matched Bug deflector, Roof rack, Dust Deflector and Rear wiper.&nbsp; <br /><br /><br />Resistance is Futile; buy a Toyota!

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz
    where can i buy quik clot? that stuff is amazing, especially for open fractures and large gashes.
    check out www.Galls.com they have Quik Clot in powder and also in a gauze like bandage now, you can buy it individually or with a good trauma kit. Also be sure you read warning label colsly, if person is allergic to shell fish. DO NOT USE!! Also make sure that you inform ER techs that you have used it!!! TJ

I have one of these kits from REI in my truck

http://www.rei.com/ProductDisplay?pr...8000&langId=-1
    1995 4runner--SAS'd and armored--GONE

1998 4Runner--under construction--GONE

2003 4runner...the new project

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12