Thread: Satoshi Grill

Satoshi Grill

So finding a grill around my parts in good enough shape to attemp this usually ends up in finding one with broken clips.

Now I have one I can pick up but the bottom left clip (facing the front) is broken. If I was to cut this clip off and only use 5 or 6 of the 7 will it cause me any grief?

I know there is 4 across the top 1 main on the bottom and two smaller ones of the left and right and I can't see how missing 1 or 2 will cause any problems but I'd thought I'd ask the expurts :P

Re: Satoshi Grill

as long as it doesnt rattle it'll be fine

i cant imagine it will rattle or be of any problem with 1 broken clip
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

fire,

i have one for sale for $75 shipped conus. brand new. as in the insurance company paid for it, my body shop put it on and then i took it off and replaced it with my satoshi grill that survived the accident

bob

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_98SR5
    fire,

i have one for sale for $75 shipped conus. brand new. as in the insurance company paid for it, my body shop put it on and then i took it off and replaced it with my satoshi grill that survived the accident

bob
    heh thanks, but unfortunately i'm in the great white north I'll just get it and see what happens! I may remove the two lower ones just for kicks to see what happens :P

Fire,

The OEM grilles are made to seat and engage each of the clips. I would imagine having 6 out of the 7 seating/engaging all the way, you should be good to go. I just bought a grill that was a taiwanese knock off...I will not do this EVER again . The clip assemblies were round while the factory ones are not. After some tinkering (Dremel + file), the knock off will not seat all the way, in the clips, thus rattling...I have learned my lesson. Just grateful that this was only a $50 lesson...Hope this helps.

Regards,

BWJ
    &quot;In premodern times, the courage of a leader often had to be physical. In the last 500 years it is more often moral. Moral courage is the ability to do what&#39;s right even when it is deeply unpopular, even dangerous. Courage is only found where there is the genuine possibility of loss -- loss of friends, reputation, status, power, possessions or, at the extremes, freedom or life.&quot;<br /><br />~ Mark Joseph

I am missing a clip in my grill and haven't heard/noticed any rattles or problems.

I've got one missing too, no rattles here either.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

Well the one I have it wasn't entirely broken off so I just grabbed some good ole crazy glue and glued it back!

Now its time to get some mesh and the logo and start hacking

should be all good with one clip up top n on the bottom...and the rest zap straps. at least thats how mine is bein held up...its a bit rough, but it matches the rest of the truck
    sonny<br />1998 4Runner LTD...d0uble locked on 35&#039;s<br />crawlinbc.com