Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Local wheeling in San Diego 7/8/2007

Re: Local wheeling in San Diego 7/8/2007

Mike--

I can't make it tomorrow. The wife made plans and told me last minute. Looks like Big Bear will be the next outing for me
    1995 4runner--SAS'd and armored--GONE

1998 4Runner--under construction--GONE

2003 4runner...the new project

Usually for trips out that way we like to meet at the Carls Jr. in Alpine and then caravan down.

Looks like our group is thinning down. I guess Mark wants ot be in Mikey's disco video too.

Josh-Confirmed or not?
    &#039;81 pickup, longbed bobbed short, 35&quot; Yoko&#039;s and tons of other goodies. 4.7 gear T-case. NEW: 20r/22r hybrid motor!<br /><br /><br />I done ran into my baby and finally found my old blue jean<br />Well, I could tell that they was mine from the oil and the gasoline

OK, So lets confirm who is going?

Blacksheep
    Tankota
    Phalanx

I will be at Carls Jr. By 2PM, Leaving at 2:15PM call me if your running late 480-242-2174.......Can anyone lead for the trail, I dont know where there at??????

To the wussy's that can't go......

Come on guys, where;s the love, who knows the trail and wants to lead.....I never get weekend days off, so lets finalize this run........

Well I dont know the trail at all except from pictures. I have been down sidewinder a little ways once but we had to turn arround because our leader broke his IFS. There are map boards in the area so finding the trail heads shouldnt be too hard.

So far only you and I have confirmed, if Phalanx cant make it should we try to rechedule for another weekend when more can run with us.
    &#039;81 pickup, longbed bobbed short, 35&quot; Yoko&#039;s and tons of other goodies. 4.7 gear T-case. NEW: 20r/22r hybrid motor!<br /><br /><br />I done ran into my baby and finally found my old blue jean<br />Well, I could tell that they was mine from the oil and the gasoline

Im going to be there. Someone on Adventure4X4.net said they might go too. If its just you and I, Im still up for running it. I have a laptop with GPS and I also will be getting the SoCal guide to backroads book. So we should be fine.

There are map boards in the area so finding the trail heads shouldnt be too hard.[/quote]

You can forget all your high-tech crap and use the advice above. The board has all the info you need. Buying a USGS of the area is always recommended anyway, or have we forgotten the basics? It's not like you're far from civilization anyway.
    Have fun and take lots of pics.
    &#039;95 Runner with some goods<br />&#039;99 Taco with some more goods<br /><br />Surf to Live / Live to Surf

Will Do. I think Im going to run Sidewinder on the way in and finish off on Bronco Peak.

Im out Did a check on everything below, and have noticed a caliper leak out of my passenger side rear 14 bolt. Since I had life time brakes from Napa, I was like, no problem, I can knock this out. Took the caliper off to get a closer look, and its the axle. So I'm off to Napa and working in the Garage today if anyone wants to come over.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast