Thread: Gaming (360) and Movie sound system recommendations?

Gaming (360) and Movie sound system recommendations?

I had purchased a set of Creature 2 speakers a few months back from Costco for 50.00. Thinking it will work for the time being for gaming and watching movies. To say the least, I was surprised by how good they were for the price. Well, last weekend they decided not to work anymore.

Boxed them up, took them back and looked for a new system, figuring I'd jump up to something a bit better.

I've looked a bit at the Pioneer system made for the 360 at circuit city but the display wasn't set up so I have no idea how it sounds.
    http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Pione...oductDetail.do

I also looked over at best buy and pondered the thought of this system:
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1166840609889

I only want to spend about 200 when the time comes, looking for any input in either of these or possibly something else?
    94/2.4/5spd/261/331250GeolanderMT

Re: Gaming (360) and Movie sound system recommendations?

Do the Sony.

I only say that since cost is an issue. Not really a fan.

It will get you by, there are much better set ups for surround sound out there but there is no way to meet you budget.

Go with the Sony it has a few more options (like ipod hook up). And when budget allows go for the gusto and move this one into a bedroom/game room.
    &#039;83 Truck 4x4 - 4&quot; lift, downey header,, lots of stickers.<br />&#039;90 Runner $600 project ,32&#039;s on black Steelies,Optima Red Top, 1.5&quot; Balljoint Spacers, 80 series Coils, Sleeping/Storage Platform extravaganza<br /><br />You know enough to be dangerous, get out the way before you break something i can&#039;t fix- Pops

Ipod compatibility isn't a issue nor something that I'm holding for a requirement.

I don't really know what the ideal wattage is for a surround sound system, but whether its in my room or in the basement, its not that big of an area so I would assume 600 or 800 watts would be enough.

Do you have any recommendations, even if the price is a bit higher? Main thing is I don't need one to come with a dvd player.
    94/2.4/5spd/261/331250GeolanderMT

They way i would go would be a lot higher.

I would do an AV receiver and then your choice of speakers either in ceiling of free standing. Your going to get much better sound quality out of something like this compared to an inexpensive set up.

You will also have greater upgradeability and options. but we are talking in the $1-2k range for a full system.

For what you are possibly going to use it for either one of the ones you found would do OK. The sub will be the weak spot, its not really going to hit as hard as a Theater based powered sub.

&#039;83 Truck 4x4 - 4&quot; lift, downey header,, lots of stickers.<br />&#039;90 Runner $600 project ,32&#039;s on black Steelies,Optima Red Top, 1.5&quot; Balljoint Spacers, 80 series Coils, Sleeping/Storage Platform extravaganza<br /><br />You know enough to be dangerous, get out the way before you break something i can&#039;t fix- Pops