Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gun Safes

Re: Gun Safes

I have been in the market for a safe for some time, I've found a few deals but not exactly what I wanted. Good ones will be heavy! I found one safe that was 3'X3'X3 and weighed in at 600lbs. Youch, the other option I considered was by a middle of the road safe and add concrete paver tiles to the floor to add weight in order to make the safe more awkward to carry of transport.

Aaron
    I can, because I don't know that I can't.

Re: Gun Safes

A year or two ago I bought one similar to the G5251-T at my local Lowe's:

It's not a 'fire proof' model, but is more similar to the G5243 with 5 locking bolts, chrome hardware as opposed to brass, and weighing in at just over 300lbs empty. Its probably 425+lbs loaded with all my junk, plus it fits in the second floor walk-in closet. Lowe's was in the proces of moving to a bigger store they had recently built and wanted to move a little as possible from the old store, so they clearance a ton. I got it for $200 after taxes. Not top of the line, but certainly meets my needs.

Be carefully putting gun safes in basements as any moisture/dampness can be a real problem (gun rust). I've also heard in the event of a severe house fire (i.e. collapse), most safes in the basement will likely not survive the inferno of burning ambers. Hopefully I'll never find out...
    -Scott<br />&#039;01 Black SR5 4x4 w/ Black Pearl&#039;s: Detroit Truetrac | Tundra/OME 890s w/ Tokico Trekmasters | SS Diff Drop/Panhard | Tundra rotors/calipers | Rear Diff Breather Extension | Hayden cooler | K&amp;N | ISR | Deckplate | Jet Black PC&#039;d LC 16x8&#039;s w/ LT265/75R16 Cooper S/T&#039;s

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12