Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 85 build

85 build

OK guys here we go I'm going to try and build a quad cab Toyota from my 85 i will post picks as soon as i get the rest of my parts to start the build. I will post some before pics of my truck before i start to cut it up and try to keep updating. Don't be afraid to voice your opinions it is not going to hurt my feelings any. thanks again

Paul
    my first toy 4X4 is a nice by

Re: 85 build

Looking forward to watching this one. Sounds like a cool project.

Oh, and welcome to UY.
    My signature

Quote Originally Posted by whitwido85
    so don't be afraid to voice your opinions it is not going to hurt my feelings
    You must be related to a member here named Elton. Seriously, go back and ask yourself if that was easy to read - don't be afraid of the period or comma key.

Otherwise, looking forward to the build!

Just jankin ya man.

O NO ITS COOL I READ IT A SECOND TIME AND FOUND SOME ERRORS THAT I HAD TO FIX. THANKS FOR POINTING IT OUT EVEN THOUGH YOU WAS JUST JERKING MY CHAIN.

Ok, first question, for the amount of fab work it is going to take, why not just buy a 1st gen 4runner and drop the body onto your current frame? You get your 4 seater, plus the convenience of the removable top.
    [quote author=fustercluck link=topic=2107.msg22283#msg22283 date=1188483178]<br />I&#39;m with Intrepid, there&#39;s no use making a project out of it.<br />[/quote]<br /><br />Mistakes: Perhaps it is the purpose of your life to serve as an example to others.

well i have took that into thought but my budget is real tight like all the parts i have got was free to me and they are getting delived to my front door if i had a good size budget for this type of build then i would definitly by a runner body and put on my frame but like i said money issue is the big deal i have right now so

cleaned it up a bit for you. punctuation is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by whitwido85
    well i have taken that into consideration but my budget is real tight. All the parts I have gotten were free to me and they are getting delivered to my front door. If i had a good size budget for this type of build then i would definitely buy a runner body and put it on my frame, but like i said, money is a issue.
    94/2.4/5spd/261/331250GeolanderMT

easy fellas!

hey, looking fwd to seeing your build! i understand the "i have it in my hands, so im gonna work with it" philosophy. its all known as being a cheap ass in a good way, of course

good luck and post pics!

bob

I'm looking into taking my 94, cutting the back out of the cab out and putting a canopy on it (minus the front), more along the lines of a trekker. I'll end up sealing up the bottom and sides of the bed. With the top of the canopy and the cab, I'll either make is a snug fit or have a overlapping piece of rubber seal to close that gap. Then my biggest concern will be mounting a rear seat or leaving it open for storage.
    94/2.4/5spd/261/331250GeolanderMT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast