Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Corral Canyon, San Diego County, CA 7/14/2007

Re: Corral Canyon, San Diego County, CA 7/14/2007

sorry, i have to retract, got to work Saturday morning. And im going to a work related get together Sat evening. I could do Sun, but you have to work. If no one is going to come this week, lets move it out a week and I should be able to make Saturday.

brad
    brad -- 96 4runner

Its ok, everyone did this this and last time. Happens all the time. Lots of people sign up, and back out at the last second. Will post pics. Even if I wheel alone.....I'm still going.

Yesterday was intresting, had to get my welding tanks filled, buy more sawzall blades, and make a trip over to Harbor Freight to get some cut-off wheels. I finally got the right side lower mount relocated, but still have to do the left side. I'll be starting on it in about a half hour...... Not too sure how long it will take, since I need to make some modifications to the e-brake cable, so it's not binding at full droop.

As for the trip tomorrow, I'll let you know later today, since I'd have to pack my gear as well.
    99 SR5 4Runner Highlander 5spd V6 4WD e-locker<br />Myspace<br />3rd Gen Bumper Build-up<br />1GR-FE 4.0L V-6 &amp; RA60F 6-speed for my project vehicle<br /><br /><br />Don&#039;t Ask when I&#039;m gonna go SAS, I&#039;m not... I&#039;ll build a buggy first!

I would love to run this, but I am leaving for a week of backpacking in the sierras from the 7th to the 15th. So while I'm scrambling trails at 14,000 ft with 55lbs on my back I'll be thinking about you guys sitting in your trucks at 2,000 ft with the A/C on .
    &#039;81 pickup, longbed bobbed short, 35&quot; Yoko&#039;s and tons of other goodies. 4.7 gear T-case. NEW: 20r/22r hybrid motor!<br /><br /><br />I done ran into my baby and finally found my old blue jean<br />Well, I could tell that they was mine from the oil and the gasoline

Hey.

Check your thread on Adv.4x4.

Got the mount done, but then ran into trouble after articulating it out. Since I raise it 2" the shock body hits the frame pocket. Did some clearancing but got too tired of jacking my rig up to check. If it's not enough I may have to cut the lower mounts back off and fabricate new ones a bit more inbound. Either way I still need to extend the bumpstops, so it looks like I won't be able to make this trip.
    99 SR5 4Runner Highlander 5spd V6 4WD e-locker<br />Myspace<br />3rd Gen Bumper Build-up<br />1GR-FE 4.0L V-6 &amp; RA60F 6-speed for my project vehicle<br /><br /><br />Don&#039;t Ask when I&#039;m gonna go SAS, I&#039;m not... I&#039;ll build a buggy first!

Sorry to hear Bruce, We can go out next week. Just let me know ahead of time. Do you have limiting straps? You can throw them on in the mean time to droop out as far as possible with out making contact, and set your strap at that point.

I know how it is. Last week I planned on running this trail, and had my rear axle leaking from the hub, so I had to fix that and call off the trip. But now Im ready.

I posted the problem in my rear suspension thread, droop isn't the issue but compression after relocating the mount. I still haven't added limit straps, those will be done after I get all the bugs ironed out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12