Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A good 30-06

Re: A good 30-06

I have Brownings and Remingtons, like them both.

The Brownings have the shorter bolt throw, which I like on a long round.

Getting back to shooting, part of me wants a 30-06 because it is a simple bread and butter round.
    2k 4Runner&nbsp; Daily Driver<br />Long travel front<br />Longer travel rear<br />Diamonds, Foxes, Alcans and MT/R&#039;s <br />Goes fast and slow

I have a Remington 700. Groups well, pretty lightweight for hauling around the woods. Last season was pathetic, saw nothing, so i hauled it a great many miles, and it never got annoyingly heavy.

No particular preference over the .308. Pops had a 30-06 before me, so i got the same so we could use the same rounds.
    -I love you.-<br /><br />1987 BigWheel

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner
    I've been using a Remington 700 BDL in 30-06 and love it.

X2 Very tough to beat a high quality sniper rifle!! Hunt for a good used one at a gun show. You can save some bucks on new plus also come up with a better rifle. than Savage or Ruger... TJ
    2000, Toyota 4Runner,V6 Auto, SR-5 Silver,4X4 Leather,Moon-Roof, Cruise, A/C, Remote Start, Pwr. Windows &amp; Locks, Alumn. Wheels, Tires are Bridgestone, Full Auido up grade with XM, all Kenwood. Color matched Bug deflector, Roof rack, Dust Deflector and Rear wiper.&nbsp; <br /><br /><br />Resistance is Futile; buy a Toyota!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12