Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I picked up my back-up gun

Re: I picked up my back-up gun

I had a Airlight 44 mag in blue and with wooden grips. Beautiful weapon!! I don't remember the size of barrel, I think maybe 5 inch? Not to sure . I know it weighed 21 ounces empty. I had the weapon for about 4 months before I ever shot it. The all steel version of the same weapon weighs 42 ounces.

I took this fine weapon out and got a box of 44mags; loaded it up.
    I shot two rounds, and had a blister on the webbing of my hand. I don't even have a clue where it shot. Looked over at my friend and he just replied "un-uh, I anit shooting it!" I tried to goad him into it but he wouldn't.

Well there were 4 more rounds in it, I put on a glove and shot the rest. Every time it fired a six foot flame came out of the barell. It continuously jammed my thumb. I opened up the cylinder and dumped the empties on the ground, walked over and put it back in the case. Took it home that night and cleaned it really good and went to the gun show the next day and traded it for a Kimber tact II, and never looked back!!!lol TJ
    2000, Toyota 4Runner,V6 Auto, SR-5 Silver,4X4 Leather,Moon-Roof, Cruise, A/C, Remote Start, Pwr. Windows &amp; Locks, Alumn. Wheels, Tires are Bridgestone, Full Auido up grade with XM, all Kenwood. Color matched Bug deflector, Roof rack, Dust Deflector and Rear wiper.&nbsp; <br /><br /><br />Resistance is Futile; buy a Toyota!

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Jim
    I had a airweight 44 mag in blue and with wooden grips. Beautiful weapon!! I don't remember the size of barrel, I think maybe 5 inch? not to sure . I know it weighed 21 ounces empty. I had the weapon for about 4 months before I ever shot it. The all steel version of the same weapon weighs 42 ounces.

I took this fine weapon out and got a box of 44mags loaded it up.
    I shot two rounds, and had a blister on the webbing of my hand. I don't even have a clue where it shot. Looked over at my friend and he just replied "un-uh, I anit shooting it!" I tried to goad him into it but he wouldn't.

Well there were 4 more rounds in it, I put on a glove and shot the rest. Every time it fired a six foot flame came out of the barell. It continuously jammed my thumb. I opened up the cylinder and dumped the empties on the ground, walked over and put it back in the case. Took it home that night and cleaned it really good and went to the gun show the next day and traded it for a Kimber tact II, and never looked back!!!lol TJ
    Oh my GOD!!!! Almost no misspelled words and acceptable grammar! I guess we just have to get you to talk about guns more.

My brothers have a snub nose .44 that they took to a shooting match. In one of the obstacles they had to hold the gun inside a cardboard box and shoot through the open end. I guess when other people were shooting that stage the box could be seen to bulge slightly. Well, the first shot out of their .44 blew the box apart. Everybody cheered because that meant they didn't have to shoot through it anymore.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

peter,

depends where. and are we going to a range that allows long guns?

bob

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Jim
    I had a Airlight 44 mag in blue and with wooden grips. Beautiful weapon!! I don't remember the size of barrel, I think maybe 5 inch? Not too sure . I know it weighed 21 ounces empty. I had the weapon for about 4 months before I ever shot it. The all steel version of the same weapon weighs 42 ounces.

I took this fine weapon out and got a box of 44mags; loaded it up.
    I shot two rounds, and had a blister on the webbing of my hand. I don't even have a clue where it shot. Looked over at my friend and he just replied "un-uh, I aint shooting it!" I tried to goad him into it but he wouldn't.

Well there were 4 more rounds in it, I put on a glove and shot the rest. Every time it fired, a six foot flame came out of the barell. It continuously jammed my thumb. I opened up the cylinder and dumped the empties on the ground, walked over and put it back in the case. Took it home that night and cleaned it really good Went to the gun show the next day and traded it for a Kimber tact II. Never looked back!!!lol TJ
    Fixed this up a little for you Robinhood4X4, But I did use the word "aint" which doesn't work with the spell check feature.... LOL TJ
    2000, Toyota 4Runner,V6 Auto, SR-5 Silver,4X4 Leather,Moon-Roof, Cruise, A/C, Remote Start, Pwr. Windows &amp; Locks, Alumn. Wheels, Tires are Bridgestone, Full Auido up grade with XM, all Kenwood. Color matched Bug deflector, Roof rack, Dust Deflector and Rear wiper.&nbsp; <br /><br /><br />Resistance is Futile; buy a Toyota!

Yes! Bob, I would think anytime you go to a range that, they would allow (long guns) there. TJ

TJ, unfortunately the range that we went to last time didn't allow shotguns and most likely not rifles larger than .22lr.

Bob, I'm not sure if shotguns weren't allowed at that range period or if it was because of the behavior of the one shooting it. What location is good for you and Lance? We need to find one other than On-Target... they go overkill on their range rules. I identified myself as LE and they still wouldn't allow me to shoot more than one shot per second, so much for practice.

Also, my schedule might have changed as of last night. I am going to be getting a call sometime today by the scheduling Sgt. to let me know what's going on.
    Beat up old 2002 Tacoma

I kinda found this funny, no offense but what did you expect from a lightweight highpowered revolver?

Nice choice with the Kimber tho.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

I just wasn't thinking about the kick that baby had. Dudh!!!!

I know that the survivalist kits you see with the 454's and the 50 cal sub-nose's that are either in a red or yellow pelican case would make your wrist break...

I have shot many of 44Mag's and had no trouble. I have a S&W Model 629, and a Model 54 357mag that I have no trouble with.

I dumped the Kimber shortly because you can not wear a glove and shoot it. Traded it for a HK USPf Tactical. Much better weapon.

See you have to understand; I wear a size 2XL glove and my wrist are 11 inches around. So I guess shooting a 44 Mag in a light weight size didn't really concern me. TJ

Bob, Lance - what do you guys think of these places?
    Outdoor ranges can be pretty fun

http://www.kuci.org/~dany/firearms/o...g.html#outdoor
    Beat up old 2002 Tacoma

Peter, any outdoor range works for me

Let me know what day works for you as I'm free both sat/sun. I'm gonna bring yoko and her friend (lapd) so let's lock down a date/time
    Lance
    TLCA Member

2003 4Runner SR5 4x4 Chaos Edition
    2000 Toyota Landcruiser
    19xx M416 Trailer

Chaos Edition Profile
    Operation Rebuilding Chaos Edition
    01001001001001110110110100100000011000010010000001 11011101100101011000100111011101101000011001010110 010101101100011001010111001000100001

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast