Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'nother new guy

'nother new guy

Well.. I've been on TTORA since its Delphi days, and since last last year/early this year I've been lurking a bit on some of the other forums..

This forum seems to be the right blend of noobs, like me, and knowledgeable people to combat our newbie questions with information...

So hopefully I'll just spend most of my time lurking here and learning what I can.

I've got a 2000 4Runner Sport..or Highlander? Whatever it was called that year..

It's stock for now. As soon as my dirt bike sells I'll be looking at lifting it. I'll probably go with a Tundra lift up front, and maybe OME in the back. I don't wheel a whole lot, and don't like the huge(IMO) rake of the LC coils in the rear with the factory bumper..

Hell I might even sell my iPod to fund a set of sliders.. but I kinda like my iPod.

So consider this my introduction... I'll try not to post too many newbie threads.

Re: 'nother new guy

welcome.

post as many threads as you need, others may have the same questions.

.......as long as you search first and they arent repeats

fenrisx,

welcome to UY! the vast majority of the knowledgable owners, mods, and members who are here came from another forum. you'll find that there's less girly chit chat and post whoring here than most forums. anyways, youre in good hands here, esp when it comes to 3rd gen knowledge. have you been to my personal website as well? 4runners.org. almost all of those writeups are in our tech forum

bob

I've been to that site once or twice actually. I think I followed the link to it from YT. After glancing through the Cobra 75wxst write up it appears I bought the wrong kind of mount for the rear hatch. Well a different one at least... I'll find out Wednesday if it gets here by then.

Welcome to UY!
    My signature

Welcome! You will find this place very helpful.

Regards,

BWJ
    &quot;In premodern times, the courage of a leader often had to be physical. In the last 500 years it is more often moral. Moral courage is the ability to do what&#39;s right even when it is deeply unpopular, even dangerous. Courage is only found where there is the genuine possibility of loss -- loss of friends, reputation, status, power, possessions or, at the extremes, freedom or life.&quot;<br /><br />~ Mark Joseph

Yeah, I don't mind the chat.. it's the constant flaming of each other that gets annoying. :\

Welcome to UltimateYota!!
    1997 4Runner Limited; <br />3.4L 4WD; Rear E-Locker; OEM/Sonoran Steel 3.5&quot; Lift; ARB Tacoma BullBar w/ 525 PIAA Dual-Beam Lights; Alpine/JL Audio; CompuStar; TRD Headers w/ Magnaflow custom dual exhaust; 305/70 MTR&#039;s on Blacked-out A/R wheels; Tundra Brakes; 4&quot; Deckplate mod w/ TRD filter; ISR mod; Yellow Top Optima w/ custom tie down; Custom grille inserts; JDM Black headlights w/ 6000k HID&#039;s; Extended diff breathers<br />PICS&gt; ::97 4Runner Site::

Welcome Aboard! Glad you found us and posted up! Lots of good folks here to help with any questions that might come up as you build and maintain your 4Runner (many have "been there, done that" and are always willing to offer their experiences).
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

Another welcome!

TTORA has always been known for flaming its members but lately it has got a bit worse. Cool if that is what you are into but most of us here are a bit more mature than that.

TTORA still has a great For Sale section though! Tons of parts get moved through there.
    ________________________________<br />Eric<br /><br />2006 Tundra D-Cab V8<br /><br />&quot;All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing&quot;

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast