Thread: blown engine in my dirt bike

blown engine in my dirt bike

hey, just wondering if anybody has a line on a engine for my bike. Its a 1999 Honda CR 125 and I just need a bottom end. I was riding about a month ago, full throttle, 2nd gear and it was the loudest bang I have ever heard from an engine. When I disassemble it the con rod snapped right at the crank end bearing, then the rod cracked the case and the piston hit the head and bent the head . I allready found a new head, but I still need a bottom end

Oh well, just more fubared parts to add to my wall of shame.
    1996 Tacoma<br />2.5 inch suspension<br />3 inch body<br />Dayton Timberline 33X12.50R15<br />Custom Mercedes Benz HID headlight conversion

Re: blown engine in my dirt bike

I'd be trolling eBay for something like that.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

I have been looking there , they are selling for more than I want to spend right now...
    1996 Tacoma<br />2.5 inch suspension<br />3 inch body<br />Dayton Timberline 33X12.50R15<br />Custom Mercedes Benz HID headlight conversion

Quote Originally Posted by GOLDS
    I have been looking there , they are selling for more than I want to spend right now...
    Hmmmm....can you get your old case rewelded? or is it an acutal hole in the side of the block?
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

It could be rewelded, but I want to go the used route because my crank is bent, and
    I would also need new bottom end bearings, so the cost will be about equal. then I will have a parts engine as well.

Also, I suspect that there might be damage to the case that I can't see, warped?