Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BudBuilt---> BudBroke

BudBuilt---> BudBroke

After two faithful years of service my bud built xcase skid finally gave up the ghost. I've gotta say, i'm impressed with the beating this thing has taken. Highly recomeneded product.

The pics are hard to see, but basically the plate folded just behind the xmember, and is now pinned against the case. This means that anytime the drivetrain is under load, it makes a horrific noise and the whole truck vibrates. Yeah. Sucky.

Not sure what i'm going to do now. Been thinking of lifting the guts, but that is a lot of work that i don't want to do right now. Perhaps the timetable has moved up eh?
    -I love you.-<br /><br />1987 BigWheel

Re: BudBuilt---> BudBroke

take it off, flatten it out, add some stiffener ribs, then beat on it some more???
    -andy

Quote Originally Posted by bamachem
    take it off, flatten it out, add some stiffener ribs, then beat on it some more???
    thats what i was thinking, once ya got it flat again, ad some angle iron to it,, should help out
    Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz

well, the thought is to beat it down. Problem with welding is, i either weld to the bottom and decrease ground clearance further, or try to weld to the top, which wouldn't really strengthen the weakened area. I may just bend it down for the rest of the summer, and watch it as a weak spot. Take care of business over the winter.

you kidding?? that thing is not done yet!

i have sledged my skids straight, but more recently took it to my buddy's work and we used a 150,000 pound press to fold it straight again.

dont give up on it yet!
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

I would say Bud Bent.

The problem is they will bend there again.

Add some nose to tail ribs and count pennies for a pure tube belly.
    2k 4Runner&nbsp; Daily Driver<br />Long travel front<br />Longer travel rear<br />Diamonds, Foxes, Alcans and MT/R&#039;s <br />Goes fast and slow

its off.

I'll get around to bending it straight. Welds will happen, it will just have to lose clearance.

No need to count pennies, the fix is cheap when looking purely at the money side. Not so cheap looking at the labor/hassle side. I lack motivation at the moment.

I will talk to you about it over beers.

I would take some 3/4" x 3/4" x 3/16" thick angle, invert it so that it's as low-profile as possible, then weld it to the bottom of the pan along each edge (near the bolt heads) for added stiffening. it will also help to protect the bolts, and it won't be much lower (if any lower at all) than the bolts anyway.
    -andy

I gotta agree, that's "Budbent" not "Budbroke".
    Someone with a press could straighten that out pretty quickly, then just weld in some ribbing for stiffness.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

Put a label on it and ship it to me, I will fix it for you buddy

REALLY need one of these things.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast