Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I survived my first trip through the Rubicon

Re: I survived my first trip through the Rubicon

Quote Originally Posted by UKMyers
    I pulled the rack clear off it yesterday. I'm gonna come up a different place to carry my stuff.
    I'll be by later to help you keep that pristine garage clean and take that bothersome rack out.
    &#039;83 Truck 4x4 - 4&quot; lift, downey header,, lots of stickers.<br />&#039;90 Runner $600 project ,32&#039;s on black Steelies,Optima Red Top, 1.5&quot; Balljoint Spacers, 80 series Coils, Sleeping/Storage Platform extravaganza<br /><br />You know enough to be dangerous, get out the way before you break something i can&#039;t fix- Pops

Nice trip. I was going to go this year, but things came up at work, plus I still don't have a diesel and a trailer for my rig. Otherwise, I will be there next year.

I have a Marlin high steer kit. TG and Marlin sell they same tie rod ends. They are for a 91-97 FJ80. Looking at the break I think it had been cracked part way through for a while before it totally broke. Thank god it didn't happen going down the freeway. I now have a spare right and left in my trail box. I'd never wheel the Con with less than about 5 rigs and some people with lots of tool and trail fix knowledge. I would have been screwed had we not had some experienced wheelers with every tool known to man strapped into their rigs. I was 15 miles in when I broke.

Did the Con a few years ago, from the Loon Lake, out on Lake Tahoe side. Made it though with no issues, just 2 of us starting at 4:30am....... I'll most likely be doing it again this September.
    99 SR5 4Runner Highlander 5spd V6 4WD e-locker<br />Myspace<br />3rd Gen Bumper Build-up<br />1GR-FE 4.0L V-6 &amp; RA60F 6-speed for my project vehicle<br /><br /><br />Don&#039;t Ask when I&#039;m gonna go SAS, I&#039;m not... I&#039;ll build a buggy first!

Quote Originally Posted by BruceTS
    Did the Con a few years ago, from the Loon Lake, out on Lake Tahoe side. Made it though with no issues, just 2 of us starting at 4:30am....... I'll most likely be doing it again this September.
    You better post up when you plan on dong this. I just may have to come along and tackle the Con.
    Any of you like Guns? Hit me up for great prices! www.gunsupfirearms.com

The Marlin Crawler Roundup is Sept 14-16. I hear there is going to be lots and lots of sweet Toys there. It would be a good one for IFS rigs. There will be lots of winches and lots of people with spare parts!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12