Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Reggie's 90 4Runner Weekend Progress

Reggie's 90 4Runner Weekend Progress

Well, the list of to do's got a little smaller today.

The before:

you really should not let friends drink and do auto repairs. (PO and a buddy thought they might fix the sunroof)

A grinder, some Bondo, and a little Sea Foam lubricant:

They had ground out some pretty big spots to weld on that sheet metal, filled those in.

Motor was seized pulled it apart and cleaned it up. Switch was broken, had a different one, but of course it had a different plug. So hard wired it is.

One question well actually i have two.

Why is the sunroof motor powered off the gauge fuse? Which also powers up the dome lights key buzzer and possibly the rear window?

I know i have some hacked up wiring as i had to fix it tonight. but from the quick look i did it looks like it suppose to be there.

Anyway going to direct wire it up off a fuse aux block.

Second question.

As you are probably wondering "why the he-- did he spray all over the glass?"

it is the reason the PO did what they did is the glass is broken and the "motor was shot"

So does anyone know how to remove the glass from the sunroof? Thinking some plexi is in order or if the price is OK a replacement Safety glass.

Oh and does anyone have the sunroof control trim for a 90's 4Runner?
    Broke it taken it down.
    TYIA
    &#039;83 Truck 4x4 - 4&quot; lift, downey header,, lots of stickers.<br />&#039;90 Runner $600 project ,32&#039;s on black Steelies,Optima Red Top, 1.5&quot; Balljoint Spacers, 80 series Coils, Sleeping/Storage Platform extravaganza<br /><br />You know enough to be dangerous, get out the way before you break something i can&#039;t fix- Pops

Re: Weekend Progress

I bet you can get a real sunroof cheap from somebody parting their 4runner.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood4x4
    I bet you can get a real sunroof cheap from somebody parting their 4runner.
    True enough but i would need local.

Anyone local have a lead?

Not so much worried about seeing out it. Just dont want to hit a bump and have a lap of glass come falling down.
    &#039;83 Truck 4x4 - 4&quot; lift, downey header,, lots of stickers.<br />&#039;90 Runner $600 project ,32&#039;s on black Steelies,Optima Red Top, 1.5&quot; Balljoint Spacers, 80 series Coils, Sleeping/Storage Platform extravaganza<br /><br />You know enough to be dangerous, get out the way before you break something i can&#039;t fix- Pops

Why? Just gotta make sure it's packed well.

This is where I got my rear window in the bay area. They're a toyota dismantler.

Toy Connection
    799 Comstock St
    Santa Clara, CA
    (408) 988-4040
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

Well the march continues.

This weekend final touches on quite a few things.

Had the dash tore apart to rewire some stuff and install a new radio. Also got to fix the broken speedo. Its easier to tell how fast you are going when there is a needle attached.

Installed the remote fuse block, Ran a 4g from the battery to the block and tossed in an 80amp fuse to protect it all as well as the individual ones for each circuit.
    Rewired the power for the sunroof, CB, and the new power station i put in on the passenger side.

Put in a new CV axle, drivers side was shot. got it out in like 30 min. Thank you all for all the write ups. Did the bolt and nut mod for ease of removal next time. Got a brand new one from Auto Zone for $69 no core required, Lifetime Warranty. Thing was definitely needing a replacement, as i was walking up to the door the whole thing feel apart into two pieces.

Slide on some manual hubs i got for UKMyers, Thanks again for the sweet deal Joey.

Last weekend i converted over to 134a. Threw on the vacuum for 30 min held strong, grabbed a set of gauges used the 12-134 adapter for the can and in went a couple of cans. Much better. Had some issues with the electric fan for the AC not turning on, turns out someone shoved an ink pen in it jamming it up. Pop-ed that out and all seems to be good. Compressor has sat for quite a while so it like to make noise on or off, we'll see.

Size matched spare tire. Thank you again norcalsvx. For those who haven't had the pleasure, Chris really goes out his way to hook up a Buddy. I got a very suitable BFG All Terrain 32 for a spare and a couple 50% 31s for the 83. Gave me the tire mounted it and had it balanced. Sweet. Oh and did i mention it was all FREE.
    It seems he has his sights set on a new career and i definitely will be making trips up to help out, and to sample the goods. For all you local people make sure you make it a point to stop by and help him out when he gets started, i am sure it will be worth the drive. Not sure if i should post up before it happens so just watch out for his announcement.

Pics to come was to dark when i found the camera.

Forgot about my Bling.

It was only like 20 something bucks, why not.

And of course a shout out to the guy who will gladly help you spend money...

If you need something the Wabbit will have it or a good idea to help you out. He is good people.

Re: Reggie's 90 4Runner Weekend Progress

Little Bit more done.

Roof Rack.

Inclinometer mounted.

And got the CB antenna mounted.

Put the Grant Steering wheel i had in the 83 on. Like the smaller wheel.

Now i just need a spot for my Doughboy....

Quote Originally Posted by reggie 00

If you need something the Wabbit will have it or a good idea to help you out. He is good people.
    My favorite picture of the whole bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by waskillywabbit
    Quote Originally Posted by reggie 00

My favorite picture of the whole bunch.

When I finally get the glass installed on my runner, I'll display the WabFab sticker you sent with the order....it'll go right next to my Sigarms and H&K stickers
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

Where did you get the inclinometer????????????
    Big T

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast