Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reggie's 90 4Runner Weekend Progress

Re: Reggie's 90 4Runner Weekend Progress

Am i off base on the shifters?

I am still looking for that link.

Kinda got sidetracked looking up LSD info. Have a few possible candidates to check out at the bone yard this weekend.
    &#039;83 Truck 4x4 - 4&quot; lift, downey header,, lots of stickers.<br />&#039;90 Runner $600 project ,32&#039;s on black Steelies,Optima Red Top, 1.5&quot; Balljoint Spacers, 80 series Coils, Sleeping/Storage Platform extravaganza<br /><br />You know enough to be dangerous, get out the way before you break something i can&#039;t fix- Pops

found what i was looking for shifter wise.

Not much info added since December. Oh well off to the service manuals.

&#039;83 Truck 4x4 - 4&quot; lift, downey header,, lots of stickers.<br />&#039;90 Runner $600 project ,32&#039;s on black Steelies,Optima Red Top, 1.5&quot; Balljoint Spacers, 80 series Coils, Sleeping/Storage Platform extravaganza<br /><br />You know enough to be dangerous, get out the way before you break something i can&#039;t fix- Pops

Made slow progress last weekend.

Got this far.

Didnt take to long and hopefully weather permitting i'll have it back together this weekend.

For those with a Harbor Freight near by, those jack stands are the 6 ton ones. They sit a bit taller than the normal 3 ton variety. I use to have to stack 2 4*8 inch blocks of wood and put a piece of plate on top to get it high enough in the air. Got these on sale (which i think last till the end of the month?) for $20.

Of course i didn't get much done since Sunday was my birthday.
    Got up early and went Pheasant hunting @ a customers Ranch.

Of course we didn't get anything they were flushing way to early. But there is always this weekend.

Have to love good Craigslist finds.

Got the 305/70/16 Mickey Baja Claws for 200, only have about 1k on them.

Picked up some Weld Typhoons for about 100.

Reason so cheap?

The First owner had to cut off 1, yes only 1 wheel lock.

Oh well thats what a dremel is for, if i thought it needed to be smoothed out.

So what do you think?

hey reg,

can i get one of those light housings? let me know where to send the payment and how much.

Nice wheel combo Reg!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_98SR5
    hey reg,

can i get one of those light housings? let me know where to send the payment and how much.
    No problem. Just need to know where to ship it.

Quote Originally Posted by waskillywabbit
    Nice wheel combo Reg!

Thank you.

It lives....!!!!!

Took it for a run around the lake today to see if i still had over heating problems.

Did OK. Ran the hills and what not with the AC on and revving the wee out of it.

Definitely need to gear it now.

Did find out if you use the LSD out of a Supra/Celica you are going to need to trim off a bit of the Stub axle on the passenger side.

Wondered why they didn't look right. Found out after it puked gear oil all over.

Fabbed up a test pipe to replace the stolen CAT. makes it sound a little more raspy but it'll live for now.

Glad to hear that it's running again. Nice tires and wheels too!
    My signature

Had a little fun this weekend with some rattle cans.

Before:

After:

cleared up that annoying little problem i had with the pinch weld.

Next weekend, rear bumper, flip receiver, front push bar, AMA motorcycle racing on Sunday!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast