Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Reggie's 90 4Runner Weekend Progress

Re: Reggie's 90 4Runner Weekend Progress

Looks good on the bumper, I was going to do that this weekend but ran out of time. Did you take the whole bumper off or just tape everything off around it?
    -Casey-<br />94 4runner 4x4 SOLD<br />99 4runner Limited

took it off. It is only 4 bolts and 2 nuts. It took like 5 mins to get it off.
    &#039;83 Truck 4x4 - 4&quot; lift, downey header,, lots of stickers.<br />&#039;90 Runner $600 project ,32&#039;s on black Steelies,Optima Red Top, 1.5&quot; Balljoint Spacers, 80 series Coils, Sleeping/Storage Platform extravaganza<br /><br />You know enough to be dangerous, get out the way before you break something i can&#039;t fix- Pops

The black looks good
    My signature

Quote Originally Posted by reggie 00
    took it off. It is only 4 bolts and 2 nuts. It took like 5 mins to get it off.
    Yep didn't realize how easy it is. Took it off and painted it tonight, but now I really need to paint the chrome around the grill, it's not looking too hot.

Grill is pretty easy. I think i only broke two or three of those little tab things.

Just taped off the corner lights.

I did see a post where it was brought up that you could just use a 2wd grill as they were black. Pretty sure it was Chris (norcalsvx) up in Grass valley.
    &#039;83 Truck 4x4 - 4&quot; lift, downey header,, lots of stickers.<br />&#039;90 Runner $600 project ,32&#039;s on black Steelies,Optima Red Top, 1.5&quot; Balljoint Spacers, 80 series Coils, Sleeping/Storage Platform extravaganza<br /><br />You know enough to be dangerous, get out the way before you break something i can&#039;t fix- Pops

Well I ended up painting it anyway, it wasn't too hard at all. The grill was just a pain to take off because I couldn't get the stupid lights off on the front bumper.

Thanks for the tips...

Looks nice.

How cool would the chrome look in a black chrome color?

Did you use Gloss? Looks good with the stock black color.

Quote Originally Posted by reggie 00
    Looks nice.

How cool would the chrome look in a black chrome color?

Did you use Gloss? Looks good with the stock black color.
    Yeaaaah I was thinking about that with chrome. The black pearl emblems or whatever they are from the 3rd gens, those would look sweet.

Its semi-flat black rustoleum on the grill and the duplicolor bedliner stuff for the bumper. I love that stuff.

3/4 the way done doing the anti chrome campaign.

Front is all done.

Took the brush bar doohickey off the 83 and put it on to use as a mount for some 6" lights i got at the Christmas party. But i have to change the light mounting tabs to the front so the lights will fit. More to come on that.

rear is done.

painted the plastic trim piece so it would look black again instead of grey,

got the window feng shui all set.

Locks and door handles up next.

Soon i think i will muster the ambition to just paint the whole truck.

I'm thinking desert tan.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234