Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Convertible FJ at the dealer - $70k

Convertible FJ at the dealer - $70k

So haven't seen anyone else mention this. Jim Norton toyota here has two of these, one yellow and one blue. At first i thought they had just done the fake fabric top thing, but no - they have real working soft tops. For an extra 40,000 on top of the vehicle price Just curious if anyone else is seeing these at their dealers?
    Brian

Re: Convertible FJ at the dealer - $70k

Any chance of pics?

Something like this? http://www.autoblog.com/2006/11/14/w...r-convertible/

This article says te conversion cost ~$10K...$40K is a hell of a markup for a rag-top. Personally I don't like it.
    Lance<br />2001 4Runner Limited 4X4 (Sonoran Steel Stocker)<br />315/75R16 MT/Rs | MT Classic IIs | Dual ARBs/4.88s | (F) 5125/Tundra Coils (R) 5125/LC Coils | 4Crawler 1.5&quot; BL | Aisin Manual Hubs | Slee Sliders | Sonoran Steel Rear Bumper | TJM T-15 w/ Warn M8000

For $40K they should've done a better job. Like have a hard top convertible. It looks kind of chinsy IMO. They should've at least put a roll cage.

Lance, that has to be the exact top on these, has the little flat area by the spare like that one. I took a couple pics with my camera phone, but it was sunset & they are pretty worthless. The one of the sticker price might be good enough to pull off my phone.

The wheels weren't nearly as bad as those in the autoblog post at least.
    Brian

Ummmmm yeah. That is way gay.
    Any of you like Guns? Hit me up for great prices! www.gunsupfirearms.com

x a billion

holy shat it just got uglier than it already was!

man, now why is it that whenever one of those custom car places does something unique, they have to stick the obligatory make-the-hoodlums-happy-in-da-hood bling bling 24" wheels? i mean really, the soft top idea was great. the stupid arse rims make it look gay. maybe if the kept it a little more conservative and to its off road roots w/ some meatier tires and conventional sized rims, it might command a little more respect.

I'm not feeling the soft-top version, definately

I think a hard top convertible would be where it's at.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast