Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Convertible FJ at the dealer - $70k

Re: Convertible FJ at the dealer - $70k

Cool concept, but that is just wrong...

BWJ
    &quot;In premodern times, the courage of a leader often had to be physical. In the last 500 years it is more often moral. Moral courage is the ability to do what&#39;s right even when it is deeply unpopular, even dangerous. Courage is only found where there is the genuine possibility of loss -- loss of friends, reputation, status, power, possessions or, at the extremes, freedom or life.&quot;<br /><br />~ Mark Joseph

Ugly as can be. Removable hardtop would be nice though.
    92 4Runner SR5 V6 4X4<br />Skyjacker Nitro shocks, Pro-Comp steering stabilizer, clear bumper lenses, lund windjammer, OME standard coils, ISR mod, inlet pipe removed, Bushwaker Fender Flares.<br /><br />2002 Tacoma Prerunner V6 extracab. Lund Intercepter bug guard, rear glass sunshield, Bilstein shocks on rear.<br /><br />2004 Honda CRV EX stock belongs to wife.

Needs a roll bar or something. . that looks terrible
    99 Toy 4Runner<br />Retrofitted elocker, lockrite up front<br />4:88s<br />35&#039;s with 2.5&quot; lift<br />Custom front bumper with Milemarker 8k pound winch

Dangit! I had my hopes up that it would look at least somewhat decent!

Those hopes were shattered...
    CJ &lt;IXOYE&gt;&lt;<br /><br />03 Tacoma DC TRD 4wd, bunchamods <br /><br />Avatar artwork courtesy of the one and only 04 Rocko Taco.

I noticed our dealer has one of these listed on their website now, just lovely

http://www.jimnortontoyota.com/InStockDeals.aspx

edit: and the price has dropped about $15k
    Brian

UGLY!

ya thats one ugly truck . all they need to do is stick to their roots. take an fj and find some way to put a removable hardtop on it, like the old runners. if someone wants a softtop convertible buy a car!
    1998 4runner SAS<br />1997 Volvo 850<br /><br />www.toyotacrawlers.com

there is a guy around gainesville that has a convertable fj... next time i see it ill get some pics and ask how much he paid for the conversion. maybe send him to ultimateyota so he can see just how good of a deal he got. it doesnt look ALL that bad with the soft top, but i agree it would be much cooler if they made it a removable hard top like the 1st gen 4runners
    Kyle<br /><br /><br />2002 4Runner - Supercharged - 2.5&quot; OME Lift - ARB Air Locker - 33&quot; Nitto Terragrapplers - ARB Bull Bar - Warn 9.5xp - Light Force Lamps - Safari Snorkel - Nomad Skids - Dual Batteries - Tundra 199mm Brakes - APO Disc Brake Conversion -

Quote Originally Posted by RunnerUp
    there is a guy around gainesville that has a convertable fj... next time i see it ill get some pics and ask how much he paid for the conversion. maybe send him to ultimateyota so he can see just how good of a deal he got. it doesnt look ALL that bad with the soft top, but i agree it would be much cooler if they made it a removable hard top like the 1st gen 4runners
    I forgot to update here, but i think they realized they were charging WAY to large a premiun, it was down in the 40k range a month or two later when I stopped back by the dealers.
    Brian

brian,

that 40k price makes much more sense than the price here

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast