Thread: Convertable FJ, straight from the factory, SEMA

Convertable FJ, straight from the factory, SEMA

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/07/17/s...duty-tundra-a/

alot of good info, though i would post it up.

im really looking forward to a removable hardtop FJ. is this the replacement to the 1st gen 4runner we have been waiting for?
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Re: Convertable FJ, straight from the factory, SEMA

Yuck!
    Less is more

I don't like the ragtop but I do like the concept of the 1st gen shell. Maybe with some good old fashioned Toyota engineering to figure out an easier one-man method of removal instead of relying on garage pulley action.
    Beat up old 2002 Tacoma

the rag top is horrible and the quality is very much subpar. a factory hardtop would be very nice. i would definitely consider buying one.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I think what's even more exciting than a convertible FJ is the idea of a DIESEL Tundra! A diesel crewmax would be make for a pretty nice tow rig.
    Clumsy jesting is no joke.

if they make a factory removable hardtop (open over the front seats too) similar to a wrangler, then i will be in line to be one of the first to own one.
    -andy