Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: selecting sliders, and options in installing them.

Re: selecting sliders, and options in installing them.

How do you know its $100? I believe I charge maybe half of that...vs your rattle can flake job that you pay all that money for steel and can't get it coated to last a life time...sounds smart to me!
    Quote Originally Posted by fustercluck View Post
    I like sporking from behind.   

I am sure you do a nice job powder coating but it would get all ground off the bottom of any sliders I have ever had on the first run. No coating can stand up to a rough granite rock. So I just go home and touch up the real bad spots with a grinder and then respray them with a rattle can.

Only part of mine that would stay powder coated would be the tops.
    ________________________________<br />Eric<br /><br />2006 Tundra D-Cab V8<br /><br />&quot;All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing&quot;

I like the hybrid style myself and would suggest as many outriggers as possible to prevent the outer tube from flexing. I started out with just the two outriggers but later decided to add the plate. Glad I did as more than once I've had the entire truck weighted on the sliders. I agree with the rear kickout idea as will incorporate this into the set for my '95.
    &#039;95 Runner with some goods<br />&#039;99 Taco with some more goods<br /><br />Surf to Live / Live to Surf

I like the Hybrid style the best

99 SR5 4Runner Highlander 5spd V6 4WD e-locker<br />Myspace<br />3rd Gen Bumper Build-up<br />1GR-FE 4.0L V-6 &amp; RA60F 6-speed for my project vehicle<br /><br /><br />Don&#039;t Ask when I&#039;m gonna go SAS, I&#039;m not... I&#039;ll build a buggy first!

Here are my sliders I made for an ext cab pickup.

and heres a weld with the new welder......... Im kinda pissed about my exo because the wire speed is all fubarred (SP?) on the old one and the welds look like ass. same for the swap. but oh well, Ill get around to fixing it one day.

97 runner and 02 tundy

If I had it to do again I would have a kickout just on the rear end of the sliders just like that. Nice Mossy.

I am sure that Wabbit or Richard Stubbs or whoever you pick will make them how you want them. All they really need to know is what vehicle to set up the outrigger pattern that goes to the frame. The rest is up to you.
    ________________________________<br />Eric<br /><br />2006 Tundra D-Cab V8<br /><br />&quot;All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing&quot;

If you don't mind driving out to Ventura, this is my buddies shop. Give him a call and see how much for a pair of custom sliders.

http://www.heavymetalfabshop.com/
    99 SR5 4Runner Highlander 5spd V6 4WD e-locker<br />Myspace<br />3rd Gen Bumper Build-up<br />1GR-FE 4.0L V-6 &amp; RA60F 6-speed for my project vehicle<br /><br /><br />Don&#039;t Ask when I&#039;m gonna go SAS, I&#039;m not... I&#039;ll build a buggy first!

Anyone know of anyone in Ontario Canada that makes sliders? I would love to get some for my '87 4Runner but cannot afford the shipping and duty incurred from purchasing south of the border.

I work for a big general contractor and have seen beautiful welds from the guys who drive piles for foundations and also the iron workers that do structural steel in buildings. Most of them also do some welding on the side and are pretty nice guys. So, if you can't find a 4x4 shop you trust, stop by a construction site and ask around. Yes, I'm being serious.
    96 4Runner, 2.7L 4WD<br />&quot;Dependence begets subservience and venality, suffocates the germ of virtue, and prepares fit tools for the designs of ambition. &quot; - Jefferson

I just got my Stubbs sliders welded on. They have the new style scab plate and have 4 attachment points to the frame. I went a route similar to paddlenbike's and welded in plates. I have a dark green 4runner and already had chips from rocks and sand being thrown up so hopefully the plates will reduce any further damage. So far I'm happy. I put the hi-lift on each side and they're solid, no movement. Now coming down on a rock full force might be a different story.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123