Thread: 5# and 10# Propane tanks?

5# and 10# Propane tanks?

Does anyone know of a good place to get these small size propane tanks? My BBQ one I have now is just too big to take camping, one of these smaller ones would be perfect to mount to my trailer.
    My signature

Re: 5# and 10# Propane tanks?

I've seen em at home depot. Only thing is they cost as much as the full sized ones.

But i am going to grab one or two for camping. Let me know if you find them any where cheaper.
    &#039;83 Truck 4x4 - 4&quot; lift, downey header,, lots of stickers.<br />&#039;90 Runner $600 project ,32&#039;s on black Steelies,Optima Red Top, 1.5&quot; Balljoint Spacers, 80 series Coils, Sleeping/Storage Platform extravaganza<br /><br />You know enough to be dangerous, get out the way before you break something i can&#039;t fix- Pops

Cool, I'll check the depot. From what I have seen online, they are pricey. Probably just supply and demand, not as big a market for small ones. I should have got some last summer when I was at Fleet Farm in MN, they had all different sizes and shapes.
    My signature

The HD by my house i believe they have 2 or three different types in the smaller sizes. I'll try to remember tomorrow and stop by to take a look.
    &#039;83 Truck 4x4 - 4&quot; lift, downey header,, lots of stickers.<br />&#039;90 Runner $600 project ,32&#039;s on black Steelies,Optima Red Top, 1.5&quot; Balljoint Spacers, 80 series Coils, Sleeping/Storage Platform extravaganza<br /><br />You know enough to be dangerous, get out the way before you break something i can&#039;t fix- Pops

Chris do you still have base access? THey sell them at the exchanges really cheap.
    ________________________________<br />Eric<br /><br />2006 Tundra D-Cab V8<br /><br />&quot;All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing&quot;

No I don't have access anymore. That's a great idea though. I'm trying to think if I know anyone local who would, but the nearest base is Vandenburg AFB about an hour away.

What sucks, I have a 10 or 11# tank from my dad but it doesn't have the new nozzle so I can't get it filled. Last time I looked it cost more than the tank to get a new nozzle and have it installed. I am going to check the local rv shop and see what they say.
    My signature