Thread: Great deal on dewalt chop saw and angle grinder

Great deal on dewalt chop saw and angle grinder

I just picked up a Dewalt chop saw D28715 for $116 plus got a mail in rebate for a free Dewalt angle grinder D28402K. Normal price on the chop saw is about $199 at various places online and the angle grinder is $89 at lowes.

Home depot is selling the chop saw for $129. I took that price to Lowes and they matched the price plus gave me 10% off, thus the $116. On top of that, Lowes is offering a free dewalt angle grinder after mail in rebate. I guess what they'll do is send me a gift card or voucher for the angle grinder and then I'll go in later and buy it.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

Re: Great deal on dewalt chop saw and angle grinder

I've got a question about chop saws. Can you use a regular chop saw with a cutoff wheel for cutting steel or do you need a specific kind of chop saw?
    My signature

Hmmm...just got word from my friend that it's a discontinued item at HD and Lowe's won't honor the price matching. I guess if you're lucky, the lowes people might not ask HD if it's a discontinued item.

Chris, a wood working saw is not the same as a metal saw so I doubt putting a steel cutting blade in a wood saw is safe.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood4x4
    Chris, a wood working saw is not the same as a metal saw so I doubt putting a steel cutting blade in a wood saw is safe.
    That's kind of what I thought but I wasn't sure what the difference would be between the two.
    My signature

They won't send you a voucher... they'll send you the grinder. Only it'll be a few months.

Did the same rebate last year. The grinder won't come with the black hard plastic case though. I found a DeWalt parts site that I ordered the box by itself. I can find the site again if you want the box for it...

Oh cool, thanks Garrett. I don't need a box though so that's alright.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood4x4

The motor is not really rated for the abuse.
    I have used a wood saw both Skil saw and miter saw and it worked OK, but you could tell it wasn't liking it.

Good find on the Dewalt. Pop's just burned up the Milwaukee chop saw and was looking at either the Dewalt or going all out for the High end industrial who's name eludes me right now.
    &#039;83 Truck 4x4 - 4&quot; lift, downey header,, lots of stickers.<br />&#039;90 Runner $600 project ,32&#039;s on black Steelies,Optima Red Top, 1.5&quot; Balljoint Spacers, 80 series Coils, Sleeping/Storage Platform extravaganza<br /><br />You know enough to be dangerous, get out the way before you break something i can&#039;t fix- Pops

Now the story from HD is that the $130 price is incorrect and they've pulled them from the shelves. This was from the pleasanton and san ramon HD. So if you want to even get the $130 price you better hurry before your local store figures it out.

Reg, if your dad wants to spend the money, he should get a dry cut saw. It's supposed make a nicer cut. Here's a link on pirate about them.
    http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=535139
    Steve

You really don't want to be using a metal blade on a wood cutting miter saw (unless you have at least a 15A motor) and even then you don't get as much working room as a purpose built saw. A metal chop saw isn't that much in the first place (you don't have to get milwaukee or delta for it to work well either) and who wants to be changing out blades all the time anyway.

For you guys in Canada, this is a decent saw (14" just like the big boys and only $150 w/grinder!):
    http://www.canadiantire.ca/browse/pr...romSearch=true
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD