Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LC coils & Swaybar end links

LC coils & Swaybar end links

Just thought I would share my mod for the LC coils on the back of my 4runner. I am using the rear swaybar end links from a 2nd gen on the rear to compensate for the lift. I have not really driven it that much to compare how it works versus stock, but the link isn't being stretched to death anymore. It could also be used on the front if those endlinks break from too much stress. The rear 2nd gen end links are 2" longer than 3rd gen rears and 1" longer than 3rd gen fronts. Also, if there are any issues I should consider, please let me know. I want to be safe and lifted.
    1998 4Runner, Evergreen, 5 spd, E-locker, full synthetic fluids, 235/85/16 AT tires

Re: LC coils & Swaybar end links

Thats good info to know. Thanks for sharing.
    96 4Runner SR5 B&M trans cooler, H.I.D conversion

I just might have to do that! I had wondered if there was a fix for that issue, I've been waiting for them to just pop out or break off.

Aaron
    I can, because I don't know that I can't.

That's actually a pretty clever fix....any pics of the before and after?
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

I didn't think to get before pics, but I will try and post some after pics as soon as I can. Like I said before, it would work great on the front also, since several people have had problems with them breaking under stress.
    1998 4Runner, Evergreen, 5 spd, E-locker, full synthetic fluids, 235/85/16 AT tires

thats awesome.. thanx so much for sharing....

Wonder if either WabFab or Steve, could make something that would "flex" more than stock...
    Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz

Quote Originally Posted by Ric
    thats awesome.. thanx so much for sharing....

Wonder if either WabFab or Steve, could make something that would "flex" more than stock...
    My System 1.1 has a better solution. Look at the Moab May 2007 Pics.
    1999 4Runner/Dana44 Front Axle - 1990 4WD Mini Pickup, 2006 Tundra &amp; 1948/1981 CJ2A Rock Buggy.

Not trying to discredit anyones products. Just a cheap way to solve the problems of rear end link binding. It is hard to beat $10 a pair for junkyard rear 2nd gen links. I think Wabfabs are great, just out of my price range right now.

Update on the swaybar end links. I was able to take for a drive this Sunday and try it out in some of the mountain corners around where I live. It handled great. I either didn't lose any stability or barely any. Nothing noticeable so far. My set up is a little different than most: LX450 coils & ProComp 9000 in the rear. I still net 4" of lift and the ride is great. The real test will be when I put my trailer on the springs and see how much they sag. I will try to post pics when I can, been busy at work and only have dial-up at home.

Here's what I'm running on my Runner>

My own Custom end links Both 2" longer then stock>

About $90 worth of parts
    1997 4Runner Limited; <br />3.4L 4WD; Rear E-Locker; OEM/Sonoran Steel 3.5&quot; Lift; ARB Tacoma BullBar w/ 525 PIAA Dual-Beam Lights; Alpine/JL Audio; CompuStar; TRD Headers w/ Magnaflow custom dual exhaust; 305/70 MTR&#039;s on Blacked-out A/R wheels; Tundra Brakes; 4&quot; Deckplate mod w/ TRD filter; ISR mod; Yellow Top Optima w/ custom tie down; Custom grille inserts; JDM Black headlights w/ 6000k HID&#039;s; Extended diff breathers<br />PICS&gt; ::97 4Runner Site::

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast