Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 93 4runner SAS

Re: 93 4runner SAS

Finally got it out on the trail. This is Deer Valley Trail up in the Sierras. Not a difficult trail, but there are some places to play.

I could pretty much drive over anything I wanted, even unlocked. There were only a couple occasions where I had to use the lockers. I got a little too cocky and ended up with my first trail body damage.

Stupid tree...
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

nice build good job. it looks like you really took your time and it paid off

-Collier =)
    Low down and durrrrrrty rock-stacking web wheeler

That hours chart makes me look like a dang slacker.
    84 Xcab: 38&quot;TSL/D44/4.56/ARB/350/4L60E/2.28/2.28/ARB/4.56/D60 (gone, sigh)<br />01 WJ 32s solids F&amp;R

Niiiiice...
    Quote Originally Posted by fustercluck View Post
    I like sporking from behind.&nbsp; &nbsp;

I love the front bumper. I may have to steal part of your design when time comes to fab up my own.
    Philip<br />-90 2Dr 4runner<br />www.cootees.net

So have you been wheeling? Where's the pics?
    1995 4runner--SAS'd and armored--GONE

1998 4Runner--under construction--GONE

2003 4runner...the new project

Hey Marc, good to seeya here. Did a run with schaefer on martinez cyn.
    http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.ph...26&topic=460.0

All this time with ifs I hardly had a scratch on the truck. Now it seems everytime I go out I get more body damage! I'm thinking 35s now and some more armor.

I also have a poor man's dual rate bumpstop now. Works like a charm. The only thing now is that I have to raise the shock towers because the shocks bottom out while doing the high speed dirt roads.

I'm probably out until the next wheeling season (which is in the fall), got a new house to tend to and need to fix little things on the truck.
    Steve

Somebody asked about the placement of the rear leaf spring hangers so here is what I did.

Both pictures are of the passenger side so the right side of the picture is the front of the vehicle and the left side is the rear.

Using the hole as a reference I place the edge of the hanger about in the middle. If I could do this again I'd place it about 1-2 inches farther back. The tire sits too close to the front of the wheel well.

Here is the rear hanger referenced to the rear of the frame. Obviously, if I had moved the front hanger rearward, I'd have to move the rear hanger accordingly.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood4x4
    I also have a poor man's dual rate bumpstop now. Works like a charm.
    Steve, did you post details of your dual bumpstops anywhere?
    93 4runner - 3.0 5spd
    2005 LandCruiser

Here it is. The bumpstops that come with the SAS kits seem so stiff so I bought some softer ones from Summit. All I did was cut off the bumpstop extensions that come with the kits and replaced them with the new bumpstops. This effectively makes them act like two springs in series thus...dual rate bumpstops .

It does work much better now as I never bottom out hard on the street anymore. Once in a while on the fast fire roads it'll bottom out with a clunk, but that's from the shocks bottoming out mildly. I need to move the shock tower mounts up a little.

Steve

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast