Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Starter Issues - Need Help ASAP!

Re: Starter Issues - Need Help ASAP!

Quote Originally Posted by gpcollen
    Should I stop at auto zone and get the battery and alt checked or just head straight home and replace those contacts??
    If they can test them both right in the vehicle then why not but more than likely you're looking at needing to replace those contacts.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

If your battery leads are the OEM ones, the positive side is kinda split and with mine, corrosion from offroading slowly pushed it up the terminal until the top "ring" stopped conducting and I had the exact same problems.

At first I didn't know what the problem was and I was in a very similar situation to you that required me to turn the key to the ON position and repeatedly tap the positive end until i heard all the bells come on before I could crank it up. I replaced my terminals which I thought solved the problem, but later on my battery died so maybe it was a sign that I missed....
    [glow=blue,2,300]2002 4WD TOYOTA TACOMA &quot;TURTLE TACO&quot;[/glow]&nbsp; &lt;All the goods listed here&gt;

Just to add, the OEM ones are junk. Marine terminals are solid and very stout that you can find at major hardware stores.
    [glow=blue,2,300]2002 4WD TOYOTA TACOMA &quot;TURTLE TACO&quot;[/glow]&nbsp; &lt;All the goods listed here&gt;

Quote Originally Posted by tacoclimber
    Did you get this figured out, Chris?
    Hey CJ - don't worry, a year later, I'll let you know, I got it buddy!
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

GPCollen, what's the scoop? Fixed or no? I've replaced (2) starters on mine and both had your indications.
    96 4Runner, 2.7L 4WD<br />&quot;Dependence begets subservience and venality, suffocates the germ of virtue, and prepares fit tools for the designs of ambition. &quot; - Jefferson

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123