Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post pictures of your workbench

Post pictures of your workbench

I need ideas for a work bench. Anybody have any creative ideas, unique designs?
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

Re: Post pictures of your workbench

You don't EVEN want to see my garage right now... I can barely walk in there.

Here are some highlights from when it was actually sort of clean:

2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

damn, mike! niiice!

I just moved into a new shop this week so I'll get some pics when things are all set back up.

I'm sure I'll be incresingly jealous as more people post pics in this thread.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

That's a nice homegrown setup there Mike.

Since the equipment most often used is placed close at hand, is the prominent first aid kit a testament of your handyness? (<-- good smiley to have around by the way)
    2006 4Runner Sport Edition V8
    2011 4Runner SR5

Quote Originally Posted by arjan
    That's a nice homegrown setup there Mike.

Since the equipment most often used is placed close at hand, is the prominent first aid kit a testament of your handyness? (<-- good smiley to have around by the way)
    Actually... That's the one that is supposed to be in my 4Runner - bought from rallylights.com. Since there seems to be no end in sight for that project , it's made it's way into the shop. It hasn't been opened since I bought it. :crosses fingers: I'm pretty safe in my shop though. The only thing I do that isn't too safe is run my table saw with no guard - but I will not make high-risk cuts, I use push sticks and eye/hearing protection, etc. My last injury was a wood spinter.

It's a pig-sty right now. That pic is from a year and a half ago...
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

Guards on table saws are a pita. I use it one on a regular basis to cut pvc pipe etc. Very quick to cut a bunch of pieces at the same length.
    I find them relatively safe when you stay alert and have an healthy respect for the blade.
    When you are too comfortable or scared of it, they get dangerous.
    2006 4Runner Sport Edition V8
    2011 4Runner SR5

Quote Originally Posted by Cebby

It's a pig-sty right now.&#160; That pic is from a year and a half ago...&#160;
    I feel a little better now&#160;

I recieved two glu-lam beams from a co-worker that I plan to put together for my work surface.&#160; I have some pics I'll post.

:Edit:

Here's the pic. They're a little over 5" thick by 11" wide and 5'6" long.

Erich
    -Erich
    99' Black Highlander 4runner / Garage Profile / Black P/C 8x16 Wheeler Off-Road alloy wheels / Husky floor liners / Thule MOAB Rack
    Alaskan Waterfowler Blog

Ok, I finally got mine done.

The top layer is made of 2 layers of 3/4" plywood for a total thickness of 1.5". If the top layer gets too beat up over the years I can replace it. Surrounding the plywood is 1.5" square steel tube to protect the edges and help give the table some beef.

The shelves slide out on ball bearing rollers and are strong enough to hold my weight (160 lbs).

To protect the wood from burns I placed a sheet of stainless steel sheet metal under the grinder.

-------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast