Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cute, stupid, or selfish?

Re: Cute, stupid, or selfish?

im naming my first kid TRXUS

-Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

well i named my daughter Aoibheann... pronounced eve-een.... i know she'll just call herself eve but it's an old irish name......i think it is even an old aunts of mines name ..... but naming your kid 4real i don't know that is really weird
    85 4 runner that's just a little modified call TUBINGWORKS FAB FOR ANY FAB NEEDS 619 438 1160

Quote Originally Posted by wifesaysimadumbass
    well i named my daughter Aoibheann... pronounced eve-een.... i know she'll just call herself eve but it's an old irish name......i think it is even an old aunts of mines name ..... but naming your kid 4real i don't know that is really weird
    See, there's a difference, the name comes from family, it's part of your heritage. Not some dumb idiots putting a FREAKING NUMBER in their child's name, or calling them superman. But hey, free society, better than forcing people to name their child Jon, right? (sorry to the Jon's out there, hahaha)
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

Everyone's a Jon, just ask a hooker....lol TJ
    2000, Toyota 4Runner,V6 Auto, SR-5 Silver,4X4 Leather,Moon-Roof, Cruise, A/C, Remote Start, Pwr. Windows &amp; Locks, Alumn. Wheels, Tires are Bridgestone, Full Auido up grade with XM, all Kenwood. Color matched Bug deflector, Roof rack, Dust Deflector and Rear wiper.&nbsp; <br /><br /><br />Resistance is Futile; buy a Toyota!

Tourist

I'm rather fond of John myself....but I may be biased as my son is the 6th in the family to hold the title. Talk about a lack of imagination.
    '96 4Runner SR5 4x4, manual, e-locker, manual hubs too. Stuff happened to it. Stuff is still happening to it.
    '99 4Runner SR5 Highlander, manual w/locker. Stuff is starting to happen to this one too...but not too much stuff.
    http://www.yotatech.com/f200/habaner...thread-201751/
    Quote Originally Posted by 04 Rocko Taco View Post
    Sometimes guys like to be treated like princesses too!

Our 18 month old son is named Talan. Two weeks ago, my wife got a birth announcement from her cousin in North Dakota or something like that. They named their kid Talon.

I think its totally tacky. Its not like Bill, John, Tom, Mike etc - its totally obvious where they stole the name from!

4real is silly. Of course, having spent some time in other cultures, it all becomes relative. People very rarely even think about the meaning of the name that they are giving to their children anymore. Chels and I thought long and hard before we named either of the boys. We wanted names that hopefully and prayerfully reflect their character. Anyway, rant off.

4Real is a little much. Of course I knew a girl named Dixie Cupp and a guy named Levi Blue Brand...
    CJ &lt;IXOYE&gt;&lt;<br /><br />03 Tacoma DC TRD 4wd, bunchamods <br /><br />Avatar artwork courtesy of the one and only 04 Rocko Taco.

I thought about naming my first born 'Slagathor'. It was all in fun, but why prejudice a child's future like that? Regardless of whether it is right to do so, folks will likely react negatively to such an obviously cavalier deed. Can any one of us picture ourselves in sobriety voting for candidate 4real for president.......of anything?

People who behave this way are vying for attention. They usually complain when that attention comes in any other form than the desirable. It is short sighted to believe that one can control the variety of responses. It is irresponsible to heap those reactions on another individual with no say in the matter; effectively stunting his/her potential....

My view is that shortsightedness and irresponsibility are characteristics which would be found continuous in the lives of such people. Were I saddled with such flaws, I wouldn't want it amplified and echoed for the period my child existed and beyond.
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

I agree that the name is stupid but I find it even funnier that the government won't allow the name. I guess it would be incompatible with all the current paperwork, etc. And why name a kid Superman when you can just name him Forreal or something like that. Like Cebby said that's just asinine.
    Beat up old 2002 Tacoma

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12