Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kayaks, we now have them, pics included

Kayaks, we now have them, pics included

Anyone have one. My wife and I are thinking about getting 2 for us. It way to boring around here during the summer. You can only go to the beach so much. We really cannot afford them but you only live once right? I am looking at spending no more than $600 per kayak. This is the one that I have been looking at.
    http://www.outdoorplay.com/store/Pro...SKU=BRE_WYPA20

92 4Runner SR5 V6 4X4<br />Skyjacker Nitro shocks, Pro-Comp steering stabilizer, clear bumper lenses, lund windjammer, OME standard coils, ISR mod, inlet pipe removed, Bushwaker Fender Flares.<br /><br />2002 Tacoma Prerunner V6 extracab. Lund Intercepter bug guard, rear glass sunshield, Bilstein shocks on rear.<br /><br />2004 Honda CRV EX stock belongs to wife.

Re: Kayaks

Kayaks are fun and are a good workout. Unfortunately the only ones I have any experience with are the Klepper folding kayaks.
    Lance<br />2001 4Runner Limited 4X4 (Sonoran Steel Stocker)<br />315/75R16 MT/Rs | MT Classic IIs | Dual ARBs/4.88s | (F) 5125/Tundra Coils (R) 5125/LC Coils | 4Crawler 1.5&quot; BL | Aisin Manual Hubs | Slee Sliders | Sonoran Steel Rear Bumper | TJM T-15 w/ Warn M8000

Good timing for this question. I've been thinking of getting into kayaking, even though I've never done it. It looks fun.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

I've got a Prijon Combi 359

http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_d...34374302700689

Great kayak, got all the gear minus a helmet. Neoprene skirt, kayak life vest, fiberglass paddle, bilge pump, fly rod holder, couple extras.

Only issue is I'm asking $1k for all of it (really new condition) and that'd be as low as I can go. If no takers, I'll enjoy it myself!

But, with all that said, it's a blast and a half. Fishing is great out of it, plus just cruising around is great in it.
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood4x4
    Good timing for this question. I've been thinking of getting into kayaking, even though I've never done it. It looks fun.
    I hear that. Kayaking is the one thing that I've ALWAYS wanted to do, just have never had the opportunity. One of these days...

oly, that is a nice looking kayak. A bit too much money though. I have kayaked before and have really enjoyed it. I also have to get 2, one for me and my wife so we can go together. however, every time I do more research, I keep seeing better ones and of course the price goes up with that. I reall want to keep the total price under $1500 for both, including paddles and PFD.
    92 4Runner SR5 V6 4X4<br />Skyjacker Nitro shocks, Pro-Comp steering stabilizer, clear bumper lenses, lund windjammer, OME standard coils, ISR mod, inlet pipe removed, Bushwaker Fender Flares.<br /><br />2002 Tacoma Prerunner V6 extracab. Lund Intercepter bug guard, rear glass sunshield, Bilstein shocks on rear.<br /><br />2004 Honda CRV EX stock belongs to wife.

Geez... so much $.
    I bought a nice canoe-ish kayak off a guy on Craigslist for $150 and it works well enough.
    I just have trouble finding any place to actually go.
    Beat up old 2002 Tacoma

Ended up buying 2 of these but for about $300 less. http://www.rutabaga.com/product.asp?pid=1011968 Just got them in and looking forward to trying them out this weekend. Here they are in living color.

Re: Kayaks, we now have them, pics included

Great looking Kayaks!! Looks like your having a great time. How did they work out for you? TJ
    2000, Toyota 4Runner,V6 Auto, SR-5 Silver,4X4 Leather,Moon-Roof, Cruise, A/C, Remote Start, Pwr. Windows &amp; Locks, Alumn. Wheels, Tires are Bridgestone, Full Auido up grade with XM, all Kenwood. Color matched Bug deflector, Roof rack, Dust Deflector and Rear wiper.&nbsp; <br /><br /><br />Resistance is Futile; buy a Toyota!

Re: Kayaks, we now have them, pics included

Can't go wrong with the Wilderness Systems boats. I have a 15' Cape Horn that I love! I also have a Necky Kyook that is a fun boat, it's kinda like a barge - not that fast and holds a lot of stuff.

Ah, just found a pic. The yellow one is the Kyook and the green one is the Cape Horn.

--------------------<br />slowheelin - a.k.a. Robb<br />93 4Runner V6 5 speed | Procomp shocks | Marlin Crawler Clutch | BFG AT<br />(more to come)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast