Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Shrockworks 3rd Gen Products

Re: Shrockworks 3rd Gen Products

Yup that is a real nice looking bumper there. Would be really interested in the mounting bracket design also.

Good luck with sales!
    ________________________________<br />Eric<br /><br />2006 Tundra D-Cab V8<br /><br />&quot;All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing&quot;

The single hoop and the no hoop looks pretty good.
    2000 Toyota 4runner with some goodies.

Quote Originally Posted by rocket
    Man theres always gotta be something "wrong". I didn't notice that until you pointed it out. Wondering how big of a problem has it been for you? Are you always bashing your fairlead?
    My old fairlead had plenty of rock rash, I was tempted to re-drill the holes in my bumper to move the winch up a bit higher, mostly a cosmetic flaw than anything.
    99 SR5 4Runner Highlander 5spd V6 4WD e-locker<br />Myspace<br />3rd Gen Bumper Build-up<br />1GR-FE 4.0L V-6 &amp; RA60F 6-speed for my project vehicle<br /><br /><br />Don&#039;t Ask when I&#039;m gonna go SAS, I&#039;m not... I&#039;ll build a buggy first!

Looks real good, will have to keep it in mind for when i get a bumper.
    96 4Runner SR5 B&amp;M trans cooler, H.I.D conversion

There was some questions about the bumper:

One question was the bumper working with a Budbuilt skid, so I contacted Bud and we both think they will work nicely together.

Another concern is the low fairlead. So before production I am going to see if it is possible to move the winch up slightly. There isn't much room, I tried to get the bumper as tucked up and in as possible for approach. Give and take...

And a third was about mounting. It mounts in 4 places per bracket on a 4runner (before frame mod) 2-M12, 2-3/8" . Tacomas have 5 locations 3-M12 , 2-3/8" . Drilling/enlarging 2 holes to 3/8" (per bracket) is necessary on both Tacoma/4Runner. The 4runner frame end cap needs to be ground flush with the frame on the bottom and inside...(Since I was there, I went the rest of the way and did the end cap mod.)

Also we tried the oval DOT lights in the face...but we opted for this after seeing both side by side. It seemed to fit and flow and it looked less like an after thought. We use them in our sammi bumpers but thought these vehicles were to nice to look like a big rig trailer. These are also DOT approved and come with the bumper.

Nick
    SHROCKWORKS<br />Design/Proto fab

Quote Originally Posted by BruceTS
    Man theres always gotta be something "wrong". I didn't notice that until you pointed it out. Wondering how big of a problem has it been for you? Are you always bashing your fairlead?
    My old fairlead had plenty of rock rash, I was tempted to re-drill the holes in my bumper to move the winch up a bit higher, mostly a cosmetic flaw than anything.
    I moved the winch up as much as possible from the prototype, it should help a bit, worse case we tried. (the lower bolts bolt the through the fairlead)
    proto pic

hmm i may think about getting a single hoop in silver later down the road.
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

That's cool because, I saved a pic of your 4runner a while back from when I was planning mine..

may not want to wait...

http://www.shrockworks.com/Toyota-4R...-pr-16217.html

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by ToyFamily
    I moved the winch up as much as possible from the prototype, it should help a bit, worse case we tried. (the lower bolts bolt the through the fairlead)
    proto pic
    Nice to see a company make changes like this, another option I was tossing around was have a custom fairlead made with offset bolt holes.
    ....as for the turn signals, I guess it's a personal choice. Not too sure if you saw my thread when I modified my TJM-15
    http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.ph...6&topic=1704.0
    Here's a picture of what I did..

The frame mount that came with the TJM bumper are fine unless you plan to do a lot of winching, like I do, then they just don't hold up. I had added a few braces to handle angle pulls, but the brackets eventually cracked elsewhere. This time I welded doubler plates to the frame and more bracing.

99 SR5 4Runner Highlander 5spd V6 4WD e-locker<br />Myspace<br />3rd Gen Bumper Build-up<br />1GR-FE 4.0L V-6 &amp; RA60F 6-speed for my project vehicle<br /><br /><br />Don&#039;t Ask when I&#039;m gonna go SAS, I&#039;m not... I&#039;ll build a buggy first!

Nick,
    Quote Originally Posted by lee
    id love to see...attachment points.
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceTS
    I'd like to see pictures of the frame mounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecchamberlin
    Would be really interested in the mounting bracket design also.

Could you post a couple pictures of where the bumper mounts? I understand where it mounts but would like to see the actual design.
    Nick,
    Please show us where this bumper mounts. I'm ready to order but want to see the attachment points first. thanks!

&#039;96-&#039;02 4runner<br />When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser-

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast