Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Shrockworks 3rd Gen Products

Re: Shrockworks 3rd Gen Products

Thanks for the pictures Nick.

I know i could call and ask these questions but i figured Q&A exposure is best...

1) Is the bumper vertically adjustable at all? Say for a 1" BL? If not, can the brackets be modified (ordered) to fit with no BL and/or up to a 1" BL? i.e. Can they be made a tad bit taller so the customer can modify/drill the holes themselves? Please explain what can and cannot be done for a small BL. It's hard to tell without seeing everything in person.

2) You offer two different options for the PIAA 4" lights....but which ones are which as far as glass color? Part #'s for the lights would help a lot. The Shrockworks links for the lights have conflicting information/pictures when comparing them to PIAA's website. :/

3) Will Hella 500's and other brands mount in the top holes for driving lights with the pre-runner or full hoop bar options? I'm assuming any 7" light will fit and the pre-drilled holes are a standard size for most major after market lights...? Just want to confirm this.

4) Are the DOT turn signal lights plug & play or do they need to be wired in?

thanks

&#039;96-&#039;02 4runner<br />When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser-

Quote Originally Posted by rocket
    Thanks for the pictures Nick.

I know i could call and ask these questions but i figured Q&A exposure is best...

1) Is the bumper vertically adjustable at all? Say for a 1" BL? If not, can the brackets be modified (ordered) to fit with no BL and/or up to a 1" BL? i.e. Can they be made a tad bit taller so the customer can modify/drill the holes themselves? Please explain what can and cannot be done for a small BL. It's hard to tell without seeing everything in person.

2) You offer two different options for the PIAA 4" lights....but which ones are which as far as glass color? Part #'s for the lights would help a lot. The Shrockworks links for the lights have conflicting information/pictures when comparing them to PIAA's website. :/

3) Will Hella 500's and other brands mount in the top holes for driving lights with the pre-runner or full hoop bar options? I'm assuming any 7" light will fit and the pre-drilled holes are a standard size for most major after market lights...? Just want to confirm this.

4) Are the DOT turn signal lights plug & play or do they need to be wired in?

thanks
    Our mounting brackets are slotted to give you about 1/2" adjustability up and down. Once placed where you want it, there are 2 - 3/8" holes on each side that are on the bumper mounts but not the frame brackets...mark and drill these, and install 3/8" hardware for no further movement during recovery, wheeling or whatever...

Question I need answered. What is most of you running (or thinking of going with) as far a a body lift? . Right now I am leaning toward redesigning the 2" BL brackets into a 1" or a 1.5"...We have no BL orders yet so we are going to run the first batch with no BL brackets and take the time to hear you guys out on what you think and what we need it to do and work on a bracket suited for what most of you need (you can't please everybody, all the time)

PIAA LIGHTS : Let me know where the conflict is in the information. As far as part #'s I'll have to get back to you (EDIT: FOG #5161, DRIVING #5164). The Differences are that the 510 DRIVING LIGHT is the "Super White" light with a pencil beam of about 15°. The 510 FOG PLASMA ION CRYSTAL (yellow/purple lens) is a yellow color when lit and has a wide, shorter beam.

Top Light mounts: As for the room for lighting on top there is about 8" from the mounting surface (bumper top edge) to the bottom of the tube. Depending on which variation you choose (prerunner,full tube) the tubes are angled forward or back, placing the tube just in front or behind the Light. There is slight variation of the tube position over the light because the top light holes are slotted to give you the option of moving the lights forward/back to preference/fit. So as long as the light is not too "deep" behind the mounting holes you could (by measurement) get away with an 8" light up there, and any single stub mounted light (that isn't too deep) should easily fit up there...The lights pictured on our 4runner are 6"

Turn signals: The DOT turn signals unfortunately will require wiring, but it is a very simple job. Cut your old signal plug off (two wires), splice our signal wires (only two wires)...done...no fast blinking, good to go. We'll try to show some pics in the instructions to help out so that if you can operate some pliars, you can do the job.

Nick

SHROCKWORKS<br />Design/Proto fab

Very impressed with the appearance and functionallity of this bumper, well done. I have just one question. Does this bumper have an effect on the srs airbag operation at all? I know it takes considerable testing (and $$) to determine this, but to me it is important. I'm not saying that you should or that you have to, I would simply like to know either way before I buy. I understand that strengthening the front of the vehicle may cause the airbags to deploy in lower speed collisions than what was originally designed.

Greetings all. I am the customer who came by the shop to see the bumper first hand (I am fortunate to work nearby the shop) and the difference between this bumper and the TJM is NIGHT and DAY - a whole different league. Don't get me wrong, the TJM is a fine product at a fair price, but the Shrokworks bumper offers so much more in terms of design, strength, approach angle, mounting system, integrated lights, much better lines that look like it was designed to go with this vehicle. The welds are perfect, the fit is perfect, it is fine!

I suppose a brief introduction is in order, as I am a lurker. I've been reading the other yota forum for several years, and have been enjoying this new forum as well. Lots of great information from great people. I feel like I don't have a wealth of information to contribute compared to many of the more experienced folks on here, which is why I've been a lurker. I have a Silver 99 4Runner with a Sonoran Steel system 1 lift, 285/75/16 Bridgestone Duelers, the aforementioned TJM bumper (for now), Vair OBA system, Deckplate, ISR, TruFlo filter, and all sorts of other little mods.

I live in Houston , but I spend as much time as possible in the mountains of Northern New Mexico chasing Trout in little mountain streams. Hence the purpose for my vehicle.

I must re-iterate that this bumper is first class all the way, and the guys at Shrokworks couldn't be nicer. I will post pics when the bumper arrives and is installed, and anyone in the Houston area is welcome to check it out once installed. Oh yeah, I'll have a TJM bumper looking for a new home in a month or so if anybody needs one

-Clark

Quote Originally Posted by ToyFamily
    Our mounting brackets are slotted to give you about 1/2" adjustability up and down. Once placed where you want it, there are 2 - 3/8" holes on each side that are on the bumper mounts but not the frame brackets...mark and drill these, and install 3/8" hardware for no further movement during recovery, wheeling or whatever...

Nice. What i'd like to see/have, (if possible) is the mounting brackets/slots being tall enough to accommodate up to a 1" body lift or having at least 3/4" up & down adjusting without needing a separate bracket. If the tallest part of the mounting brackets don't touch the top plate of the bumper, then i could "picture" the brackets being made for no BL and up to a 1" BL.

Question I need answered. What is most of you running (or thinking of going with) as far a a body lift? . Right now I am leaning toward redesigning the 2" BL brackets into a 1" or a 1.5"...We have no BL orders yet so we are going to run the first batch with no BL brackets and take the time to hear you guys out on what you think and what we need it to do and work on a bracket suited for what most of you need (you can't please everybody, all the time)
    As i mentioned, i think 1" BL brackets whether it's designed within the mounting brackets or separate brackets would be practical. I believe theres more 3rd gen owners with 1" body lifts versus 2"...or at least more that would be willing to buy your bumper.
    Theres a few with 1.5" but i think 1" BL brackets would suit a 1.5" BL just fine...and besides, most, if not all guys running a 1.5" BL already have a custom front bumper.
    Either way, 1" BL brackets would probably be the most sought after for people buying this bumper.
    Maybe you could design both?

PIAA LIGHTS : Let me know where the conflict is in the information.
    PIAA's website:
    PIAA SMR series show these part numbers...
    Xtreme White SMR Driving #5192
    Xtreme White SMR Fog #5190

Shrockworks website (and according to your part #'s) is picturing the non-SMR series...but at the bottom of this page: http://www.shrockworks.com/PIAA-510-...-pr-16198.html
    It says, "Your PIAA 510 SMR Series Lights Kit carries a Lifetime Warranty."

No biggie, just confusing.

&#039;96-&#039;02 4runner<br />When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser-

ALRIGHT ALRIGHT

do you guys want the blue prints of the bumper too...
    Very nice design on the frame mounts, they should hold up fine for winching... the reason I was asking about them is mainly because of the high location of the shackle hangers, but this shouldn't be an issue......

naw we don't need the blueprints on the bumper

BTW I still like the oval turn indicator look better

Oh just a little heads up...... the body can deflect almost 2" from the frame horizontally and more with a body lift. When I built my rear bumper I kept the gap at 1" away from the body and added weather stripping to help cushion impacts and hide the gap, even then it's still possible to do body damage. I recently experience almost 3" in deflection and did minor damage....

99 SR5 4Runner Highlander 5spd V6 4WD e-locker<br />Myspace<br />3rd Gen Bumper Build-up<br />1GR-FE 4.0L V-6 &amp; RA60F 6-speed for my project vehicle<br /><br /><br />Don&#039;t Ask when I&#039;m gonna go SAS, I&#039;m not... I&#039;ll build a buggy first!

"The SMR is only available as a driving beam (not fog).

The Fog on our site is a 5161 Ion Crystal non SMR

The Driving on our site is the 5164 Super White non SMR

PIAA does have a 510 SMR driving beam available. We can get it if they want it. It is pt# 5192.

From what I can see, the only error was the “SMR” in the warranty statement. That has been fixed."

That is Jim's e-mail to me..

thanks for all the info

Nick
    SHROCKWORKS<br />Design/Proto fab

Couple more pics showing pre-runner hoop option...

I ordered one last Monday!

im ordering mine as soon as i get rid of my extra car.

btw, anyone want a car? 2900 obo!
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I received my bumper a couple days ago and I'm more than satisfied.

Bare steel so you can see what it REALLY looks like in all it's awesomeness...

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast