Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The blind made to see.....

Re: The blind made to see.....

A little off topic but you guys seem to know more about guns then i ever will. I am very familiar with shot guns and rifles but i am not very knowledgeable when it comes to hand guns. I am looking into getting my carring permit and i would also like my wife to get one. What would be a good gun for her? What would you suggest for me?
    02 Sport (Sporticus)<br />881 / 906 OME Combo, 275/65/16 Faulken High Country AT&#39;s, Syntheic Fluids,Brembo / Hawk Combo and two car seats for the future wheelers<br /><br />2010 Highlander SE- Wife&#39;s kid transporter.<br /><br />1998 Tacoma- 2.7 liters of fury...after that is pretty plain and stock

pete,

is this considered a gun vault? if i install one of these in my 4runner, is it considered locked and legal? us 4runner owners have this issue of not having a locked trunk

bob

Quote Originally Posted by gilby4runner
    A little off topic but you guys seem to know more about guns then i ever will. I am very familiar with shot guns and rifles but i am not very knowledgeable when it comes to hand guns. I am looking into getting my carring permit and i would also like my wife to get one. What would be a good gun for her? What would you suggest for me?
    gilby,

go to a range and get her some lessons. let her make the choice, not us. not trying to be a e-weiner, its a personal choice on what feels best and what she shoots well with. its like buying ties---to this date, no relative, friend, etc has ever bought a tie that i liked

bob

You can rent guns at the range, go there and put a few rounds through a few different handguns, and see what she, and you, feel comfortable with.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Thanks for the advice. My father wants me to take his Taurus 9mm and see if i like it. I have never been one for handguns but i think i would feel better if i had one with me in the truck. I will take you advice and see what i can find. Thanks!!
    02 Sport (Sporticus)<br />881 / 906 OME Combo, 275/65/16 Faulken High Country AT&#39;s, Syntheic Fluids,Brembo / Hawk Combo and two car seats for the future wheelers<br /><br />2010 Highlander SE- Wife&#39;s kid transporter.<br /><br />1998 Tacoma- 2.7 liters of fury...after that is pretty plain and stock

a lot of people say Taurus makes a cheaper gun, I've only used thier 9mm, and Iliked it. Simple, effective.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Quote Originally Posted by 04 Rocko Taco
    a lot of people say Taurus makes a cheaper gun, I've only used thier 9mm, and Iliked it. Simple, effective.
    Ooh la oui!!!

[img width=800 height=475]http://www.notpurfect.com/main/gun/rb1.jpg[/img]

SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

Gilby4runner,

Like everyone has mentioned go the the range and check out the different stuff. It will be a preference thing. Wont even crack the whole revolver/auto arguments.

Taurus makes some good stuff especially if it is just going to receive casual use. My brother has the 92f 9mm and it does pretty good.

In case your question was more " what caliber should my wife and i get"

If your wife's on the small side look at .32 or even .38 with a normal load. Heck a .22 will make you stop and think for a min, and a good shot will ruin your day no matter the size.

For you, even if your on the smaller side try the .38, 9mm definitely my fav .45
    or if your a big man like say Cheese, go with Fusters choice up above.

After you choose and purchase do you and everyone else a favor and take a class and practice as much as possible. Just having the gun is only a small part of the whole package.
    You pull a gun on me and i see you dont have a clue I'm taking it and using it first on you then on what ever or who ever else i find to do with it.
    &#039;83 Truck 4x4 - 4&quot; lift, downey header,, lots of stickers.<br />&#039;90 Runner $600 project ,32&#039;s on black Steelies,Optima Red Top, 1.5&quot; Balljoint Spacers, 80 series Coils, Sleeping/Storage Platform extravaganza<br /><br />You know enough to be dangerous, get out the way before you break something i can&#039;t fix- Pops

reggie- Thanks for the info. My wife is 4-11 and she is comfortable with a 38... anything larger and i am afraid its to big. Dont worry a class will follow any purchase. Like i stated earlier i am very comfortable with shot guns and rifles but i will not own anything without being comfortable in its ability and my ability to use it. Thanks and sorry fluster for hijacking the thread

Gilby, if your wife likes a 38 cal. Look into a lady Smith & Wesson Revolver. It's hammerless simple to load and you just point it and shoot till all rounds are extinguished. Check with local Law Enforcement types and see what type of ammo they are carring. Weather it's a hollow point, full metal jacket, +p or P+P ammo. The Hollow Point with +p ammo is a great all around defense round. The name Hollow point means that the bullet expands on impact and rolls around tearing up soft tissue. The +p means a hotter load of gun powder. Giving you more knock down power.... Same applies to the 9mm ammo...

Happy & Safe Shooting!!

P.S. Don't feel embarrassed if your wife out shoots you right off the bat. Women seem to have some sort of natural instinct to shooting... TJ

2000, Toyota 4Runner,V6 Auto, SR-5 Silver,4X4 Leather,Moon-Roof, Cruise, A/C, Remote Start, Pwr. Windows &amp; Locks, Alumn. Wheels, Tires are Bridgestone, Full Auido up grade with XM, all Kenwood. Color matched Bug deflector, Roof rack, Dust Deflector and Rear wiper.&nbsp; <br /><br /><br />Resistance is Futile; buy a Toyota!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast