Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leaky Tacoma

Re: Leakey Tacoma

You know, I've had the same problem but only during heavy rains (which we've had just one season in CA in the last few years). The carpet next to the driverside rear door gets wet. Hasn't been much of an issue so I haven't really bothered with it.

I'm definitely interested in hearing what the cause is though... my thought has always been that the outer window seal has somewhat peeled back because of age. I was thinking that water has been getting through there and leaking to the bottom of the door but I can't back that up in any way.
    Beat up old 2002 Tacoma

Peter, good luck If I ever find the source Ill post it Ive held the hose for over a hour all around my cab I still dont have a clue....

have you added wiring that needed to go through the rubber grommet, water will leak into the drivers side, but not the passenger.....

Just tossing out ideas....

You may try and recreate the problem with a hose, then locate where it's wet.
    99 SR5 4Runner Highlander 5spd V6 4WD e-locker<br />Myspace<br />3rd Gen Bumper Build-up<br />1GR-FE 4.0L V-6 &amp; RA60F 6-speed for my project vehicle<br /><br /><br />Don&#039;t Ask when I&#039;m gonna go SAS, I&#039;m not... I&#039;ll build a buggy first!

Re: Leaky Tacoma

I haven't added any wiring, Yea Ive done the hose trick also I have no Idea.....I'm just parking with the front facing down hill and No leaky...(Ive got a slight incline on my driveway) Ill post a photo the next time it floods.......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12