Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leaky Tacoma

Leaky Tacoma

Anyone know how to stop my 02 Tacoma from leaking when it rains. I cant find where it leaks from, but when it rains the driver and passenger carpet around that door sill is soaked. Ive found that if I park it with the front end racing downhill it will not leak.

Re: Leakey Tacoma

Sounds like the weather stripping needs to be replaced.
    1991 4Runner 4x4 5-speed, 31&#039;s, 3vze<br />1992 Lexus SC400, auto, 1UZ-FE (donor)<br />1978 Datsun 280Z (project car)

on an 02??? thats surprising.
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

Have you ever had the windshield replaced?
    99 SR5 4Runner Highlander 5spd V6 4WD e-locker<br />Myspace<br />3rd Gen Bumper Build-up<br />1GR-FE 4.0L V-6 &amp; RA60F 6-speed for my project vehicle<br /><br /><br />Don&#039;t Ask when I&#039;m gonna go SAS, I&#039;m not... I&#039;ll build a buggy first!

Quote Originally Posted by nalu11
    the driver and passenger carpet around that door sill is soaked.
    At the carpet... I'm doubtful it's the windshield, but I suppose anything is possible.

Are there any other wet areas besides the carpet?
    1991 4Runner 4x4 5-speed, 31&#039;s, 3vze<br />1992 Lexus SC400, auto, 1UZ-FE (donor)<br />1978 Datsun 280Z (project car)

Mine leaks where there's the grommet that goes through the firewall. So far I have yet to pinpoint where the water comes from though.
    &#039;99 Taco PreRunner V6 3.4L auto

not sure about our trucks, but are there rubber "valves" in the bottom of the doors like there are on the rear? if so, those may be clogged or something, and rain water is backing up and spilling into the cab. i say this because you specifically noted the sill area as being wet.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I never have had the windshield replaced. I have been close to losing my mind trying to find the source. I took the front plastic grill next to the windshield off, and did the best job i could do resealing with caulk, but it still leaks???????

try siliconing the edges ??
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

I did use silacone the only reason I said windsheild was because of the

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast