Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Water pump failed, truck overheated and blown head gasket

Re: Water pump failed & truck overheated

If anyone knows of a well priced HG rebuild kit (that isn't junk) definately post it up.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

Quote Originally Posted by MTL_4runner
    Worst part is I already did the HG recall (and the campaign is over anyway) so it's a DIY job for me this time. As long as the block and heads aren't cracked or in need of resurfacing, then I'll be a happy camper. At least there's no time pressure to get this fixed asap anymore. We're going to look at new Camry's today.
    nice man!! good luck, and dont let em sucker ya!

you know whats odd? in 01, they changed the manifolds to actual headers. i noticed that my buddies 98 that had a crack in the manifold were not the same as mine, because mine are actual headers
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

Quote Originally Posted by lee
    you know whats odd? in 01, they changed the manifolds to actual headers. i noticed that my buddies 98 that had a crack in the manifold were not the same as mine, because mine are actual headers
    Maybe that's where they got the extra 10 HP on the 99-02 models.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

i thought they were all rated at 183?
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

Quote Originally Posted by lee
    i thought they were all rated at 183?
    I looked at J.A.'s site and it looks like you're right.
    Somehow I had in my head that in 99 it went to 190HP, guess I was wrong.

the tacomas came with 190 hp, while the 4runners were rated 183. i have no clue on that one.

good luck fixing, i would go in and make sure you got what you paid for, esp in a thermostat. last time i took mine in to solve my shuddering problem, they told me 270 for plugs and wires. and that the plugs looked original to the engine. i of course dont have that kind of money, so i took it home and did it myself. they had never even pulled the coil packs, and i doubt they had ever pulled the plugs. i was very disappointed, but seeing how i did not spend any money on it, no big deal.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Wow... bummer Jamie. Nothing worse than car' troubles with a load of kids. Certainly sounds like your T-stats is suspect if your top ends building up heat/pressure super fast. Hope the dealer didn't install the T-stat upside down! Hope you contacted the dealer for some sort of refund! If there's one thing I can't stand its a halfa$$ job.

Let us know if the HG's intact...
    -Scott<br />&#039;01 Black SR5 4x4 w/ Black Pearl&#039;s: Detroit Truetrac | Tundra/OME 890s w/ Tokico Trekmasters | SS Diff Drop/Panhard | Tundra rotors/calipers | Rear Diff Breather Extension | Hayden cooler | K&amp;N | ISR | Deckplate | Jet Black PC&#039;d LC 16x8&#039;s w/ LT265/75R16 Cooper S/T&#039;s

This might be a nice time to drop in a V8 from a Lexus. ;0

Goodluck with getting your troubles straightened out. I dread the day something like this happens to me because I've got no extra cash to pay for the repairs.

Bummer man! This may be a shot in the dark but I didn't see it mentioned, have you tried burping the cooling system again? Maybe after they did the WP they didn't get all the air out?
    My signature

that sucks jamie.. how many miles do you have on your truck?? also it maybe fautly parts perhaps from dealership?? let us know how it goes
    2002 Tacoma 4x4 3.4 v6 4-Door <br />96k miles and counting!

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast