Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: And so, I refute evolution...

Re: And so, I refute evolution...

You guys are hurting my brain...
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

My drunk friend thought the same thing. He excused himself to the bathroom, came back and heard what we were talking about, said it was too much of a buzz kill and called his wife to get a ride home.
    2k 4Runner&nbsp; Daily Driver<br />Long travel front<br />Longer travel rear<br />Diamonds, Foxes, Alcans and MT/R&#039;s <br />Goes fast and slow

BSME specialized in heat transfer and thermo
    MDiv specialized in the God thing
    Currently I'm an off-roading heathen.

#1One day a group of scientists got together and decided that man had
    come a long way and no longer needed God. So they picked one
    scientist to go and tell Him that they were done with Him.

The scientist walked up to God and said, "God, we've decided that we
    no longer need you. We're to the point that we can clone people and
    do many miraculous things, so why don't you just go on and get lost."

God listened very patiently and kindly to the man and after the
    scientist was done talking, God said, "Very well, how about this,
    let's say we have a man making contest." To which the scientist
    replied, "OK, great!"

But God added, "Now, we're going to do this just like I did back in
    the old days with Adam."

The scientist said, "Sure, no problem" and bent down and grabbed
    himself a handful of dirt.

God just looked at him and said, "No, no, no. You go get your own
    dirt!"

#2A man in a hot air balloon realized he was lost. He reduced altitude and spotted a man below. He descended a bit more and shouted, "Excuse me, can you help me? I promised a friend I would meet him half an hour ago, but I don't know where I am."

The man below replied, "You are in a hot air balloon hovering approximately 30 feet about the ground. You are between 40 and 42 degrees north latitude and between 58 and 60 degrees west longitude."

"You must be an engineer," said the balloonist.
    "I am," replied the man, "but how did you know?"

"Well," answered the balloonist, "everything you told me is technically correct, but I have no idea what to make of your information, and the fact is I am still lost."

The man below responded, "You must be a manager."
    "I am," replied the balloonist, "how did you know?"

"Well," said the man, "you don't know where you are or where you are going. You made a promise which you have no idea how to keep, and you expect me to solve your problem. The fact is you are exactly in the same position you were in before we met, but now, somehow, it's my fault."

I admitted I have a Christian leaning world view.

I confessed I believe there is a God, but I am troubled by the God painted by the evangelicals.

He was pissed about absolute truth.

In the Methodist tradition my recollection is one of the pillars is experience or tradition of some sort.

I believe faith is something personal that I experience as a way to progress through my days.

I believe worship is something done with others and is more formally regimented.
    2k 4Runner&nbsp; Daily Driver<br />Long travel front<br />Longer travel rear<br />Diamonds, Foxes, Alcans and MT/R&#039;s <br />Goes fast and slow

Its deep man...Wayyy deep.

Good luck convincing someone who has closed their mind. I've found it to be like chipping at a million foot thick rock wall with a pair of tweezers and a tooth pick.

My own personal view is: who cares? We'll all be dead and buried long before any consensus is reached, if it is indeed possible to reach one. However, i must admit, it usually is a fun debate and discussion.
    -I love you.-<br /><br />1987 BigWheel

Quote Originally Posted by AxleIke
    Its deep man...Wayyy deep.

Good luck convincing someone who has closed their mind. I've found it to be like chipping at a million foot thick rock wall with a pair of tweezers and a tooth pick.
    hence why i dont participate in political argument on the internet.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I think there are arguments that provoke thought and reflection.

I too am confident a consensus will not be reached on this in my lifetime.

I am equally confident that if we only discussed those things which are absolutely resolvable life would be pretty boring.

agreed.

-I love you.-<br /><br />1987 BigWheel

Cheese Hey!! What about the Zombie theories? Cave men from Gico??? Gecko's that sell insurance?? You friend should be able to solve these as well: biased, apron his unsolvable argument!!

I, like, MTL RUNNER feel that you can not win this battle without dieing and comming back to tell us what was or is there? Ask your youth paster to go first!! TJ
    2000, Toyota 4Runner,V6 Auto, SR-5 Silver,4X4 Leather,Moon-Roof, Cruise, A/C, Remote Start, Pwr. Windows &amp; Locks, Alumn. Wheels, Tires are Bridgestone, Full Auido up grade with XM, all Kenwood. Color matched Bug deflector, Roof rack, Dust Deflector and Rear wiper.&nbsp; <br /><br /><br />Resistance is Futile; buy a Toyota!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheese
    In the Methodist tradition my recollection is one of the pillars is experience or tradition of some sort.
    The Wesleyan Quadrilateral

United Methodists look to four sources from which the word of God's flows.

Scripture: found in both Old and New Testaments

Tradition: the wisdom of the Historic Church seeking out the Holy Spirit

Reason: the God-given faculties of clear, compassionate thought and intuition

Experience: direct personal and corporate experience of the Divine

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast